cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put a birthday on my calendar incorrectly now I can't delete it... how do you delete a birthday off the calendar

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Put a birthday on my calendar incorrectly now I can't delete it... how do you delete a birthday off the calendar

Calendar does not allow me to delete a birthday anyone know how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

I figured it out!!!! Finally.. I had to go to my contacts delete the birthday off the contact and it came right off the calendar.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Patron

I don't have my Evo yet, but since no one else has replied I thought I'd chime in.  Have you tried long-pressing the event in your calendar and see if there's a delete option in the menu?  Have you tried clicking the event to bring up its details page and then hitting the menu button at the bottom and see if there's a delete option there?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I tried The long press lets you view event or forward , then once you view event you have menu options to send a greeting, add reminder , print or forward.  No delete.. which is strange

Patron

Have you tried entering edit mode as if you were going to change something in that event, and then see if there's a delete option in the menu there?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It allows you to edit the reminder notification but nothing else. ... On the day view there is a delete but when you select it it says select events to delete and nothing comes up I think because it is not considering the birthday an event.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is why I love microsoft exchange servers, and I am so happy that my School uses it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I figured it out!!!! Finally.. I had to go to my contacts delete the birthday off the contact and it came right off the calendar.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Patron

Did you enter the birthday into the calendar initially?  Or under that contact's details?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought I did the calendar but I had to do it under contact's details. I did go back and try entering directly on the calendar and when I went to delete events my entry did show for it to be deleted. So I think that has to mean I put it under contact details and just didnt remember it, its been wrong for a while so very possible.

Highlighted
Patron

This is very good info to know!  Congratulations on fixing it yourself!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank! I knew there had to be some reason I couldn't delete from the calendar!!! Now back to loving my phone

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat