cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover messages lost in secure box

Journeyman

Recover messages lost in secure box

Here is my problem. I will a conversation to secure box. When a conversation with the same person starts back up in my inbox and I delete it in my inbox (gah not thinking), it also in a way deletes the conversation in the secure box. I say in a way because if I search for the person (while in my secure box) I can see the messages in search view but when I click on one to open them they disappear. It's like they are there but I can't get to them. It will say no messages found, even though there are messages! I have pictures and everything in my phone but unreachable.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

20 REPLIES 20
Master

Re: Recover messages lost in secure box

Are these messages or emails? Sounds like your referring to actual SMS and MMS messages.

If SMS/MMS, does the same thing happen if you leave a message from the individual in your inbox? Or does it only happen when you delete all messages from that individual from the Inbox?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Text messages. Like how there's the General/secure/block box options.

I just tested it out by moving messages to the secure box then deleting the rest of the thread in the inbox and this time the messages still appear in my secure box  so maybe I was wrong.( Geesh, my bad)

I pretty much have messages in my secure box that I can't open but that are there. I'd just like to get to them but who knows if that is even possible.

Master

Is it the same case when you leave a message from that individual in your main Inbox? Or is the secure items from that individual still blocked or inaccessible?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I have messages from the same individual both in my inbox and "lost" in my secure box.

Master

Hmm. Ok. Something sounds like it's messed up with the messaging database.

A possibility is to do a Backup of your messages followed by a Clear Cache and Clear Data. Keep in mind, Clear Data will erase all messages and reset the database. Then restore the messages and see if you can access the missing ones.

--

Journeyman

Though I could click clear cache clear data was not an option (it was there I just could not click it). Thanks anyway, I appreciate your help!

Master

Were you able to press Force Quite then Clear Data? Some apps require it to not be running in order to Clear Data. The Force Quit button should be at the top of the same screen.

--

Journeyman

Even after hitting force close it would not list clear data as an option

Master

Wonder if they changed that in a recent update. I can remember it being an available option.

Well, another way to do it is with MyBackup or MyBackup Pro. When it restores it will erase the current message database and re create it from the backup.

I'll have to see if I can find another way to do it straight from the phone using what's existing.

--

Wizard

SCSMITH1984,

Thanks for the post. It seems like a bit of an odd problem but let’s do our best to get to the bottom of this issue for you.  What device are you using? Does the data from one user only become inaccessible after you delete something from them either in a secure or unsecured location?  If you try to access data from a contact that you have never deleted any data from are you able to access it with no problem? Provide the answers to these questions and we’ll see what we can do.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

htc evo lte.

At first I thought deleting the persons messages in the secure box was the culprit but as i posted earlier

"I just tested it out by moving messages to the secure box then deleting the rest of the thread in the inbox and this time the messages still appear in my secure box  so maybe I was wrong.( Geesh, my bad)"

After I did the back up as the other poster suggested all the messages that i was trying to recover completely disappeared.  However it has happened again. Where my secure box will show no messages but when i do a search the messages will appear.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat