cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement EVO 4G LTE... DOA

Journeyman

Replacement EVO 4G LTE... DOA

Took my phone over to a service center (corporate store, not a 3rd party) for a battery life issue. After looking at the phone, they deemed the charger port was going bad, and ordered a replacement phone shipped to my house. The new phone shows up to my house, and I take and put it on charge to make sure it is fully charged before activating (light was orange at first, then green after a while, indicating full charge.)

Here comes the fun part. Go to power up the phone, and nothing. I wait for a few seconds, and then press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. Nothing. Okay.. Press and hold for 30 seconds... Still nothing...

Call Sprint. They tell me that I have to take the phone back to the store. That is not convenient for me at this time. They then said I can take it to any Sprint store. (This is false. I called the Sprint store near my work, and they told me since the phone was ordered by a certain store, it has to go back to the certain store so it can be considered a 30 day "bounce").

This is the second time I have received a damaged phone from Sprint. The first one (also a EVO 4G LTE) was missing the speaker grille, and the rear housing was mangled. And now they want ME to do the legwork for THEIR screw up? Oh, they offered to send me ANOTHER phone, but it would count against my 3 returns. Uhh... no... Hello, Account Services???

Anyway, in the meantime... is there anything I can do to try to get this phone up and running, or am I stuck with a phone that has a dodgy charge port until Sprint decides what they want to do?

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Replacement EVO 4G LTE... DOA

Dear KK4BFN,

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Does your new phone power on but does not activate? What exactly happens?

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

In the end, it took a call to the right person at Sprint to get a replacement phone shipped.

Now... I am having issues with the microphone not working when in normal mode. Works fine as a speakerphone..

Master

KK4BFN,

Oh no! I apologize about that issue. Have you gone into a Sprint repair store about the microphone issue? I see it has been almost three weeks since your original post. Please let us know. We want to help!

*Brittney Social Care
Journeyman

I took it to a Sprint store and was told I would have to pay to get it fixed because it was my 3rd replacement. I just decided to purchase a new phone. It would be nice if Sprint would credit me a little on my bill for this inconvenience.

Master

That sucks. What phone did you end up getting?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

HTC One M8 Harman Kardon... But I am starting to regret that decision. This thing doesn't get anywhere near as good a signal as my Evo 4G LTE did...

Master

KK4BFN,

May I ask what specific signal issues are you having with the HTC One M8? Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Master

I'm surprised actually, my M8 gets better signal then my LTEVO did. You've updated your PRL and Profile, correct? There's a good chance that if the towers in your area aren't spark enabled yet, that that's what your seeing in regards to signal difference between the LTEVO and your M8 since the LTEVO wasn't a spark phone.

Also, provide KC your zipcode and nearest cross streets so the towers in that area can be looked at, she can tell you if the towers are spark enabled yet or not and maybe when they are scheduled to receive it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I had to call Sprint directly, as the phone will not receive or make calls. I have another thread on this issue.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat