cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE

Journeyman

Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE

I am doing the update now. I'm scared of what I just broke. With every update, there seems to be something new broke. Keep ya posted on the car stereo issue after update is complete. This is the response I got from HTC regarding the issue:

Dear Amy Ruffing,

Thank you for providing us with that information.

We have been looking forward for a resolution for this matter and we encounter that before jellybean the phone’s data could be accessed by the stereo because of the way it was connecting. Prior to the jellybean update, HTC devices used USB Mass Storage as the connection type for getting this kind of data. Now the devices connect via MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). Currently, we are considering the possibility to keep some of the connectivity options from the Mass storage on the devices, but for now we are working with this new connectivity technology. Amy, we can suggest you to check with the manufacturer of the stereo for a possible firmware update to enable MTP support.

We are sorry for the entire entire situation and we expect you can upgrade your car stereo to the newest USB Protocol to make it compatible with your cell phone.

Journeyman

Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE

I have a factory installed stereo and there are no updates avail, so I hope this update helps.

Master

I would be sure to tell HTC that it is a factory installed stereo and the chace of updates are slim.

But definitely keep us informed.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Update did not fix stereo issue. I will escalate further with HTC.

Master

Thanks for the update. Any chance you know who makes the stock stereo for the car you have? For instance, the stereo I had in my previous car was made by Pioneer, even though it was a Dodge/Chrysler vehicle. You may want to ask them as well if there are any plans for MTP support. Depending on how advanced the stereo is, it could be an update that get's installed to a CD, inserted into the deck and installed in that manner much like map updates.

It would be nice though if HTC would address it to have support for both though until such a time that ALL vehicles come with MTP support.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

My phone just updated this morning and now the stupid thing won't stop vibrating whenever I get a notification.  I have the volume set on a normal ringtone volume, not vibrate.  Every time I get a text or app notification, the phone dings and vibrates.  How do I get it so it just dings again?  I've been through all the settings I can think of and nothign is working, including the new power saver feature.  Nothing works! 

Journeyman

My phone just updated this morning and now the stupid thing won't stop vibrating whenever I get a notification.  I have the volume set on a normal ringtone volume, not vibrate.  Every time I get a text or app notification, the phone dings and vibrates.  How do I get it so it just dings again?  I've been through all the settings I can think of and nothign is working, including the new power saver feature.  Nothing works! 

Master

See the following thread,

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/431994#431994

--

Journeyman

Thank you!!!!!!!! 

It worked for the texts, but not the Facebook notifications on my phone.  Then I figured out that the Facebook really IS trying to take over the world...  The Facebook app update from this weekend, when combined with this 4.1.1 update, was allowing the Facebook notifications to vibrate all on their own.  So even though I just did what you suggested (Messages > Menu > Settings > Notifications  and  Settings > Sounds > Notifications), I was STILL getting vibrates from the Facebook notifications.  I went into the Facebook newsfeed, click those 3 dots at the bottom that look like a colon: with 3 dots, then clicked settings, and changed it. 

Geez!

Master

Yeah, each app now can control notifications independently of the phone. Messages, Mail, Facebook, Twitter, you name it, they can all control notifications independently if the programmers put it in.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love this thread!  I went through just about every one of the issues mentioned above!  I got so frustrated that I ended up calling Sprint over and over until I got someone to authorize a replacement phone with ICS installed.  Now granted, ny biggest concern was that UMS was no longer enabled or even in place with JB, but the rest of the issues were fun to play with.

However...  I actually like 1, yes, just one things about JB so far, I actually like the "no scroll" on the wall papers, reminds me of a phone I had about 9 years ago... 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat