cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE

Journeyman

Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE

Many issues with the upgrade as well.  Battery drains too fast now, also miss the keyboard minimizer (though you just tap your content and scroll it over the keyboard now).  But the BIGGEST issue is now I have lost data connection at my home and workplace, so cannot receive or send text messages, and sometimes email, certainly never weather.  For awhile I lost email (after the initial update), because I couldn't even update the profile, etc. from my house.  At least I can still make phone calls.  I would love to reverse this upgrade - used to love my EVO (and have had the phones for a long time), now I can't stand it (and it's pretty new).  I use this phone for business - well, I used to.  It wouldn't even sync with my calendar yesterday - again, if the data connection won't work at the office, the online calendar won't work. 

Journeyman

Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE

Thats great. But now there is no touch feedback when I type. And the option to enable it is gone. I had to go to the store 3 times before they gave me a new phone which worked fine until the update. And it lost touch feedback right away. Anyone else have this problem?

Journeyman

Have you noticed any issues with your evo knowing the path to your music or pcture files on you SD card?  Mine has lost it.  Shows the card, and that it has memory.  I can access it via the usb port, and everything is still there.  It is just that my phone does not know the path/where to look?  Very frustrating, as I travel a lot and listen to music/watch video on the plane.  I prefer not to have to use wi-fi, since I have the storage capacity on the sd card anyway.

Took mine to the Sprint store, and they were unable to fix it.  Gave me the instructions on how to reformat the card, but that is not really what the issue is, since the phone "sees" the card.  I did reformat and re-install, but the phone still does not find my songs or vids.  Oddly enough, some programs are still working on via the sd card, and are able to find files stored there.  It is just the Music and Camera programs that came with the phone that will not access it.  I have tried installing another player, and it cannot find the music files either.

Journeyman

Jellybean update issues for my HTC EVO 4G LTE

One of my biggest issues was that my old Bluetooth Voice call command used to work great, you know, call Susan at work or mobile and it worked perfectly every time. It originally gave me the option to use the HTC setting or Google. I used HTC and it worked great. Now, with the update, it switched to Google and it's garbage! I say call Bob at work and it says, calling Bob on Mobile. It NEVER works. I went into a corporate Sprint store and asked why they don't test these updates and they said I was preaching to the choir... How do I switch back to the HTC voice calling, the Google one is worthless. I have learned, once I get a new phone to stop ALL updates forever!

Thanks!

Journeyman

This is for the Jelly Bean update for my EVO 4G LTE phone. One of my biggest issues was that my old Bluetooth Voice call command used to work great, you know, call Susan at work or mobile and it worked perfectly every time. It originally gave me the option to use the HTC setting or Google. I used HTC and it worked great. Now, with the update, it switched to Google and it's garbage! I say call Bob at work and it says, calling Bob on Mobile. It NEVER works. I went into a corporate Sprint store and asked why they don't test these updates and they said I was preaching to the choir... How do I switch back to the HTC voice calling, the Google one is worthless. I have learned, once I get a new phone to stop ALL updates forever!

Thanks!

Journeyman

@ 494hand - i am also experiencing a problem a problem with the sd card. I will forward this info onto a tech I am working with as well.

Journeyman

I will add that the nice folks at Best Buy tried to assist me, even though I bought my phone at a Sprint store.  They added a file manager program from Google Play, and at least now I can access my files.  Still cannot use the Music player as it does not see my mp3's.  The camera will find new pics taken, but not access the old ones that are on the SD card.  This really had the BB geeks baffled, and they reminded me to always remove my SD card when doing an update.  They seemed to think the new platform uses a different way to access the SD card's memory, which goes along with the phone not being able to "see" the files, even though they are there.  I am still frustrated because it is not working the way it is supposed to.

Master

Something to try is connecting your phone to your PC, copying the contents of hte SD Card to the PC. Then Re-Formatting the SD Card. After which, try moving the contents back to the SD Card and see if you can access.

Worth a try.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I am so happy I did my research before updating. I have had many issues in the past with updates and now I have my answer as to not update the system software. but is there anyway to remove the software update notification in the notification bar? its annoying.

Master

I don't believe you can stop the notification from coming back and being an annoyance. I also don't think you cna ignore it forever. Eventually I believe the update will be forced by the servers. How long before that happens I don't know, just keep it in mind.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I did that as well.  Still does not work with the music player or camera.  Filed are there, but music player says I do not have any music.  Camera does the same thing.

Master

Don't know if todays update addresses this issue, but please try and let us know.

--

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat