cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtone issue in HTC EVO LTE

8 REPLIES
Master

Re: Ringtone issue in HTC EVO LTE

Yeah, guess we got it early. Although I was shocked to see it as a signle issue update. Wish they would do this more often.

Journeyman

The fix is available from HTC/Sprint.  Look at hardware updates manually on youre phone.  It installs in about a minute.

Ringtones are back.

Master

"next few weeks"

That would put it right around 4 weeks minimum from the last update. Sounds about right. Let's see if it happens. 

Journeyman

On the phone with Sprint now-trying to find out exactly when the next update will occur....Ok, talked with Shawn in tech support; she said since the ringtone issue is a known problem to both Sprint & HTC, they are working to get an update out to people in the next few weeks. She couldn't be any more specific than that. I guess we'll all have to wait for this next update & pray it resolves the problem.....it sucks that I won't be able to identify my callers by ringtone for a few weeks though-I love hearing songs to identify people

Highlighted
Master

Updates so far on the LTEVO have been 4-6 weeks apart so far. Figure end of the month to middle of next month. Just a guess though.

Journeyman

I wonder when this will be released??

Journeyman

ooh ok well thank you for telling me. I wasnt sure and it was driving me nuts!

Master

It a bug introduced somehow with the most recent update. Ringtones assigned to contacts aren't functioning. Should be fixed in the next update. Both Sprint and HTC are aware of the problem.

See here,

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/468012

Journeyman

Ringtone issue in HTC EVO LTE

HI I have question regarding ringtone. I have downloaded zdege and saved a bunch of songs for ringtones and I went to contacts and attached the song I want for that person. When they call it only plays the default ring tone. And If you look in the contact it shows the song I chose and its playing something totally different. I called HTC and the guy tried it on his there and It worked for him but not me. My girl friend has the same evo lte as me and hers does the same thing. I'm baffled at what it could be. I've attached it threw Zdege and threw the contacts and nothing changes. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thank you