cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card to SD card

Highlighted
Journeyman

SD Card to SD card

So, when I bought my phone, I had a 1GB SD card and I recently purchased another larger SD card. How can I get the pictures, videos, music, etc from the old SD card to the new SD card easily? Also, since the new SD card is a 32 GB, would it be about right for it to be showing ~29GB free? or should there be more?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

The easiest way would be to transfer the data to a computer from the old card then move it back to the new card

Highlighted
Journeyman

how would I go about doing this since I have a mac?

Highlighted
Master

When you connect your phone to the Mac, does it show up as an external drive? If not, check the connectivity setting and change it to Disk Drive by dragging down the Notification Bar and tapping the connection type.

Once the Mac can see the phone as a hard drive, simply drag the contents of the SD Card to the Mac and perform the reverse for the new SD Card.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

before you do any of this take your old sd card out of your phone and drop the new one in..then reformat it using the phone...doesnt matter if its already empty...use the phone to do it though..not your computer. and odds are you will have a few gigs less than that once everything is transfered over..usually

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat