cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW 3G SPEEDS! SLOWER THAN WITH ORIGINAL EVO!

Journeyman

SLOW 3G SPEEDS! SLOWER THAN WITH ORIGINAL EVO!

Hey there,

Anyone experiencing slower 3G speeds than with their previous phone? I am experiencing much slower 3G speeds with this phone in the same area that I used my original Evo! With my original Evo I was able to stream Pandora over 3G easily. With my new Evo LTE I CAN'T stream Pandora anymore! That's just one example. Hulu, another example. I was able to stream Hulu over 3G on my original Evo but now I can't with my new LTE!

Anyone having the same problem? Any resolution or fix for this? Nothing has changed about how I use my phone besides my phone!

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: SLOW 3G SPEEDS! SLOWER THAN WITH ORIGINAL EVO!

There's a number of threads regarding it. In some cases it's a result of which tower the phone seems to be using. In other cases, it's a result of towers being worked on. Lastly, it could be the phone itself.

I would suggest you get ahold of Sprint and see if there's issues in your area. Also get ahold of Shane_M or 14Knight who can also look for additional issues the Sprint Customer Service reps aren't seeing. If it looks like the phone is the issue after all that, then I would suggest trying to get a swap.

THings you can try and should try are to make sure you have updated your Profile and PRL, do a SimPull on the battery (hold power button for 10+ seconds to simulate a battery pull). Lastly, a Hard Reset to see if that helps with the issue.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Thanks. It's just strange that my original evo did not have any issues. Shouldn't they use the same towers? I didn't move... Only changed phones...

GrandMaster

its pretty hit and miss from phone to phone with this issue. as smotrs pointed out for some its tower related..for others its actually phone related. depending on how long you have had this phone (the 14 day period) you might take it back in and swap it for another phone. some have had luck with this. as always its recommended to take it into a repair store and have them run their tests on it. they then report what they find to the upper people to find a fix.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks. I do have a trouble ticket and will be taking it into the store. I am passed my 14 days but hope they fix the probelm.

GrandMaster

you might still try taking it in to a repair store and having them go through it anyways. never know...they might just swap you out for another one...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

I second this. Worth a shot to see if they can figure out the problem and/or swap the device.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Yes.  3g speeds are MUCH slower and 3G connectivity is MUCH less reliable.  Also, it's impossible to get consistent internet when I'm driving ANYWHERE, even in the middle of downtown L.A.

Journeyman

Yes! I am ..I can't even go to iTunes or play or stream music on YouTube hardly.. My old govt. phone did better than that!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat