cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT HAS NOT CHANGED ONE BIT (TREATED HORRIBLE)

Highlighted
Journeyman

SPRINT HAS NOT CHANGED ONE BIT (TREATED HORRIBLE)

***********Yes I posted this under another discussion already, but I thouhgt making this its own discussion could bring some awareness to similar situations, so sorry folks for double posting****************Please feel free to list off any bad expericences anyone else has had*******************

I called into the Store yest (in Normal, IL on Greenbriar Drive) and spoke with two different employees. The first guy was Shane (the supervisor) and I told him my sitatuation.

Without a phone since April 28th, preordered via Best Buy on May 12th still no phone. I hadnt used my service or a phone since April 28th as I dropped my old EVO and the front was shattered. I asked him if I could get a loner phone and he said they dont do this (which was found to be untrue becuase I then went into the location on Veterans Parkway and they gave me one). I then asked if I could buy another phone, use my upgrade then take it back once I received my new EVO and if I did this within the 14 alloted days of return would the transition be smooth? He already had an attitude to begin with but when I asked this question things got way worse. He meanly replied he under no circumstances would sell me a phone. I understand that this may not be regular protocol to knowingly sell a phone you know will be returned but we are also not dealing with normal circumstances as well. I think exceptions should be made since none of this was really the customers fault in the first place. But to continue in on how I was treated, I was yelled out, mocked, cussed at and hung up on TWICE by this first guy. Then comes along the second guy Tim who was just as big as a jerk and pretty much backed up his supervisor. Oh and some of the remarks he made "If I had not got a tatoo last night and was not in a good mood right now I would hang up on you too," "The gerneral manager will be in here later and I suggest you do not come in here after she comes in becuase she will be worse than us. She stands by her employees and goes straight by protocol and you will get no where," "Where do you work (repeated in a mocking tone over and over about ten times)," and lastly "Do you want to talk to our CEO because he will not help you either?"

Yes after being treated like this I was very upset, yes I may have cussed back at them, but this is NOT how you treat customers at all PERIOD no matter what the circumstance. These guys should be fired and never allowed to work around people again.

And I would appreciate it (any Sprint people reading this) if you could find someone to deal with them ( I have already filed a corporate complaint and will be follwoing up, I want to know how these jerks were punished and they should lose thier jobs).

SIDENOTE: I will never buy another phone directly through Sprint again my expercience in this whole situation has been sooooo bad if I wasnt as strong as person as I am I might have to go to therapy over this (yes it has been that bad).

On a brighter note (for us pre-order folk but not for Sprint) Best Buy told me today their warehouses have the phones. They will fill pre-orders tomm, UPS will pick them up Monday and pre-order folks (like myself) will have the phones Tues or Wednesday of next week. Sigh of relief and its about time.

Best Buy was nice, apologetic, and knew more about this then even "OUR" Sprint people knew. I will also now buy phones through them always and never again through Sprint.

Lastly, I would have jumped ship on this comapny but I just re-signed my contract to get this phone and it is the phone that is making me stay not the company. Service is ****, customer service ranges from very nice to medicore to down right awful and rude (no consistency what so ever). So you all can thank HTC for saving you from losing millions of pisssed off customers (and also gaining you millions as well) becuase im telling you it certainly is not how you treat your paying customers that is keeping most of us around.

Sincerly,

****** at Sprint

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: SPRINT HAS NOT CHANGED ONE BIT (TREATED HORRIBLE)

After you get the phone you have 14 days to cancel and return if you want.  So you are not stuck in contract and can jump ship if you want to.  They will revert your account back to the way it was before you applied your upgrade.  So if you were out of contract and on a month to month basis, thats what your account will be returned back to.

Journeyman

Its the phone I want not the company and no other comapny is carrying this phone. But jumping ship may very well not be a bad idea. Just kind of stuck in limbo still...

Journeyman

ATT and Tmobile carry the equivelant version called the HTC One X.  Tmobile is currently offering that phone as buy one and get one free (in my area atleast).  And both these companies actually have an up and running LTE network.

I'm not saying to leave.  I would do what makes you happy ofcourse.  All I was saying is that just because you bought the Evo LTE it does not mean you are stuck in contract for another 2 years.  Not until 14 days after you receive the phone

Journeyman

Yea the phones are close but not exactly the same (kickstand etc) and am aware of their LTE. Thanks for your input I want to get the phone in hand then make that decision.

Journeyman

Sometimes I think Sprint customers like to be treated badly or something.  If I had been treated like you were there is no way I would stay (especially when out of contract).  I dont need the kickstand on the phone that bad.  The One may not have a kickstand, but it actually has LTE. 

Too many people come on these forums complaining about how Sprint treats them and threatens to leave.  But in the end they go no where and thats probably why Sprint continues to treat people that way.  They know their customers aint going to do anything about it.  Sprint hasnt treated me badly yet.  But the moment they do, I'm paying my ETF, selling my phone, and going prepaid for half the price.

Journeyman

I dont think anyone likes to be treated like crap in that way.

I do agree people do not try and take much action but me posting here, making complaints to corporate etc is doing something. I have private messaged sprint folks as well. All I really want is for those two guys to see some sort of accountability for theer actions and if sprint does that I will be happy. Its hard to say it is Sprint as a whole that acts this way. I have encountered several people that have been so very nice to me and helped me resolve other issues I have had. I guess its the case of one bad whatever can ruin the lot so I am trying to give them the benfit of the doubt. Before this whole EVO sitauation I had very few issues with them period. It just really goes to show that none of them at Sprint were prepared on how to handle this and how to adress their employees in how to handle this either. It is one big mess really that is still continuing on.

I dont know I would like to think I am valued as a customer here and hopefully that will show soon or else you are right I think I very well may leave.

Thanks for your input. 

Master

I'm sorry for poor experience. I've escalated this to my retail contacts at corporate headquarters. Please Private message me (click on my icon and select Private Message from the Actions section on the right of my profile page.  In your message, indicate the best way to contact you and what numbers, email, etc.

Thanks,

mapesy

Journeyman

Thanks Mapesy

Master

Hi haylai23,

I received word you were contact late last week.  Hope all is well.

mapesy

Journeyman

Yes I was and thanks for your help through this!!!

Master

Awesome!  Glad I could help!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat