ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Flicker

Journeyman

Screen Flicker

I have been experiencing a light screen flickering on some of the lighter colors, most notably lighter grays. It is very evident on the grays in the market, or around boxes like the one surrounding the brightness slider in settings. After some searching I saw that the One X was plagued with this issue and that HTC had released an OTA that seemed to have fixed the issue for them. Info on that can be found here:

Screen Flicker - Response from HTC - Page 89 - xda-developers

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or heard of any sort of solution? I hesitate to just swap it out because otherwise the device is perfect. If it is just software related I can hold off since it isn't horribly noticeable.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Screen Flicker

I am on my second phone(EVO 4G LTE) because of it. My second one did not do it right away but is now. I am still within 30 days for Best Buy but am having service issues as well. Verizon just flipped the switch on their 4G here in my area-53545-so that is looking mighty inviting. After 11+ years with Sprint I don't really want to switch as I had such high hopes for this phone.

Master

Mine appears fine. Hopefully this same update appears in our MR. Not sure of the ETA, but HTC and Sprint are working on it. Until then, a device swap may be the only cure.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. I just bought my phone last week from the Sprint store. I am going to go in today and see what they can do about it. I'm wondering since it's 2+ months later if your issue has been resolved?

Journeyman

I have not taken mine in to be looked at again. I have just been dealing with it up til now. I do plan on going to a Sprint Store since I am paying for the insurance. Just haven't had time yet.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat