cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Has Gotten Horrible In Past Two Weeks

Journeyman

Service Has Gotten Horrible In Past Two Weeks

I am in zip code 66212, with nearest cross streets at Antioch and 89th St.  Please advise on any tower outages and/or ongoing upgrades in this area.  Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Service Has Gotten Horrible In Past Two Weeks

To elaborate, I am now getting about zero bars of service (that's voice-only, I assume), quite often accompanied by the roaming "triangle of death."  Also, my 3G icon doesn't even light up and if I do try to surf the net, such as to www.cnn.com, it will just sit there and not do anything, or maybe eventually timeout with the "website not available, check your settings" message (or something like that).  And, of course, 4G LTE service is completely non-exist, even though I am supposedly right in the middle of solid orange coverage on the Sprint map.

And, yes, I have done many, many "battery sim pulls", update Profile, update PRL, etc., etc., etc.

Wizard

elmo975,

Yes, there is an issue with a tower at that location.  A building that hosted one of our towers caught fire and also damaged our tower to the point of needing replaced.  They have been working on getting this restored a quickly as possible, but as you can imagine, recovering from a fire can take some time.  They are working on getting a temporary tower in place to provide service until they are able to rebuild.

Thanks,

*David

Journeyman

_D4V1D_:

I hope you are right - or else you just told one of the best "the dog ate my homework" stories ever.  LOL!

Wizard

Haha - That would be pretty awful of me!  Here's the news story link that MAMz provided in the other thread that we're talking about this: http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/06/no-injuries-in-overnight-high-rise-fire/

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/100366?start=0&tstart=0

Master

I hope it wasn't your tower that started the fire. How old did you say the equipment was? 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Ah, thanks.  Wow!  Is that the old Sprint/Embarq building?  That is definitely close to my house.  I was out of town on vacation when that happened.  The dog ate MY homework, too!  🙂

Highlighted
Wizard

Right?  I can only speculate since I'm not actually there and obviously not a fire investigator... but I have to think that this line in the article was incorrect: "Fire damage was contained to the cooling unit that caused the fire".  Last time I checked, cell towers are not located inside AC units

Master

Yeah, I read that as well, but then started thinking, your towers shouldn't have been affected then. To use your words, last time I checked cell towers are not located inside AC units. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat