Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Rant!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service Rant!

Sprint,

I have been a customer for God knows how long. I stuck with you through your customer service fiasco, Wiimax debacle, and now your snail pace start to LTE. Now I am on the last straw with having you as a provider.

Service: Your service is abysmal at zip code 94547. I have to pray to the heavens to get one bar with in my house. After receiving the Airave for my house, the reception is wonderful downstairs. But returns to being nonexistent when I go upstairs. I would say it's not your issue, but mine. I mean shouldn't have you as a provider if I don't get reception where I commonly use my phone. But your service is terrible almost everywhere. I constantly lose battery, because my phone is always searching for reception.

Unlimited Data: Sounds amazing... if it ever got used. I have used 4G maybe twice, and your 3G isn't even stable in my area. I can't even use any of my data streaming services like Google play music, Spotify, etc. I am forced to use Wifi whenever present. And yet again because of the terrible data reception, my lovely Evo 4G LTE non changeable battery gets drained rather quickly.

SMS/MMS: When I bought my Evo, I left my decrepit HTC Hero. I had problems where I wouldn't receive SMS/MMS (mostly MMS), and I thought it was just because my Hero was ancient. Well I got the HTC EVO 4G LTE, and to my surprise the problem persisted. There will be times where I don't receive the message. Other times where I will get the text message hours or even days later. Times where I get a three part text messages, and I will receive the 3rd part before the 2nd part. And it is up to me to sort out the mess. Times where I send out text messages and they never get sent. I receive MMS 1 out 30 times. If I send out a MMS it most likely wont go through. AND this is all on the standard app, no third party apps. So this makes me assume, its not the android app, but the two persistent problems I listed up above (Data Failure and Coverage Failure). You have no idea how many times I have missed valuable information because I never received a text.

QUESTION: Why am I having SMS/MMS Issues? Do you have a solution? Are there any other ways to enhance my data/coverage without Airave? If you have a solution for my SMS/MMS problem that would be great. But me doing a bit of a research and seeing that this is a problem that some people have experienced. I have yet to see any of previous complaints solved yet other than the "Your tower was down" solution, pretty much lets me know it's probably the coverage that I have.

Also not sure about what the recent news of Sprint, Dish, and Clearwire menage a trois deal means. But if it winds up effecting future 4G LTE even more, then it will be really hard for me to justify staying with Sprint.

/rant

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: Service Rant!

The MMS problem is related to your Data problem since MMS is done over your data connection. How often do you have issues with voicecalls or regular SMS messages?

I see you posted your Zipcode, could you also post the nearest Main Cross streets to where your located so that an admin can look into it.

Sprint owns a 51% stake in Clearwire. After the influx of money from the Softbank buy, they decided to purchase Clearwire completely to acquire all the spectrum that Clearwire owns for their use. Clearwire already accepted their bid but then Dish stepped in with their own bid to try and throw a wrench into the mix. Mainly because Dish also wants the spectrum that clearwire owns to develop their own mobile network ala AT&T.

That's the short story. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I miss regular SMS from time to time. It used to be so bad that I ended up just using Google Talk, Whatsapp, and Messenger (facebook and Google +). Now it seems like I get them, I just have hourly delays when I get them. Text messaging is a last resort for communication with me. I have even connected my text messages to an email account, so if I get a text message it will email my account. So if my text messaging app misses it, I at least get an email notice and I can respond to the text that way.

Hercules Ave, Hercules CA is the closest Main cross street.

Master

I sent a message to a couple admins asking for one of them to pop in here. In the meantime, what's the nearest main intersecting street to Hercules Ave? Depending on how long Hercules Ave is, this will help narrow down which tower your closest to.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

JPXZER0-

Thanks for addressing your concerns with us, additionally, thank you smotrs, for jumping in and helping. I can certainly understand how frustrating network issues can be. I reviewed Hercules Avenue and smotrs is correct, depending upon where you are, the signal strength of the macro network (main network, not Airave), could be on the fair side. A cross street would be greatly helpful.

In regards to your concerns, is your Airave located in your basement? Also, how often are these messaging issues occuring? I assume you've tried the basics, such as resetting your Airave?

Thank you in advance for your response!

William

Journeyman

Okay my acutal cross street is Ben Lomond Hercules (didn't know if it was too small of a street).

My Airave is located near my wifi which is on my first floor level near my desktop. I wasn't sure that the airave wouldn't reach my room, seeing how my wifi connection is around 30-50%, but I do have a very expensive wifi router (ment for longer distance).

The issues with the missing messages have slimmed down since the Jelly Bean update. But I still recieve messages far too late, like 3 hours late, a lot.  Not to long ago someone Messaged me a picture, and I never got it. And it seems because of that, my other text messages got backed up and I didn't recieve them until I turned off my cellphone and turned it on the next day.

The Airave has been reset multiple times, and I know its not the Airave, because I have left the house and had this happen to me many times. It seems that the service is just spotty around where I live.

Thanks

Master

I don't have experience with the Airave itself. So hopefully you can help here.

Jpxzero, do you not use the WiFi connection on your phone? This will also help greatly with your Data issue. Leaving home you would have to resort to 3G but at home, I would recommend using WiFi, it will greatly increase your Data capability as well as your battery life.

The messaging issue could be the Airave as it's supposed to boost your celluar connection which is what messaging and voice calls use. It could also be a result of something related to the towers or even your phone on the network. When was the last time you updated your Profile and PRL?

--

Journeyman

Yeah, I use it all the time. I even turn off my data when I get home and just use strictly wifi. But my issue isn't really at home, its through out the whole hercules area. I find it almost impossible to keep a 3G connection. And 4G is nonexistent

JPXZER0-

Thanks for the info! I have an Airave as well, so I have had quite a bit of hands on experience (including delays in text messaging). I know this will sound tedious but, I do have a general ritual with my Airave. Every morning prior to leaving for work, I reset the airave before I leave, and that drastically reduces the issues I have w/ text messages. I would also suggest updating your PRL and Data Profile on your device as that will refresh your device with our network.

In review of the general area, I did see some recent spikes in service back in December, but it looks like the performance has normalized. Now you said, that this is happening all over Hercules? I also assume that the delays are intermittent, meaning, sometimes you receive them on time and at other times, they're delayed. Does these issues occur at a specific time of the day?

-William

GrandMaster

@ the OP.

make sure to do this when youre AWAY from your airave and no longer connected to it. that way its updating to the actual network and not the airave..a few blocks away should do the trick

SuperWilliamD wrote:

JPXZER0-

Thanks for the info! I have an Airave as well, so I have had quite a bit of hands on experience (including delays in text messaging). I know this will sound tedious but, I do have a general ritual with my Airave. Every morning prior to leaving for work, I reset the airave before I leave, and that drastically reduces the issues I have w/ text messages. I would also suggest updating your PRL and Data Profile on your device as that will refresh your device with our network.

In review of the general area, I did see some recent spikes in service back in December, but it looks like the performance has normalized. Now you said, that this is happening all over Hercules? I also assume that the delays are intermittent, meaning, sometimes you receive them on time and at other times, they're delayed. Does these issues occur at a specific time of the day?

-William

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I haven't really checked a patern in times when it happens, so I can't really go into depth on that. And what I have started to do is turn my phone on airplane mode and turn the phone off of airplane mode when I leave the house so that it will look for the closest tower when I am away from my airave.

But ill try the reseting of the airave everyday. Sounds like a chore, but if it will help with text delay I'll do it

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat