cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate 'battery pull' on the EVO 4G LTE

Wizard

Simulate 'battery pull' on the EVO 4G LTE

While the EVO 4G LTE has a non-removeable battery, there is a reset function built into the device that simulates a 'battery pull'.  By pressing and holding the power button for ~10 seconds, the device will power down, simulating a battery pull and soft resetting. 

17 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Simulate 'battery pull' on the EVO 4G LTE

so what happens when the battery stops charging or the life of it starts to go down. batteries can last only so long before their life starts to degrade and won't hold a charge anymore

Journeyman

I'm sure it's very cheap to get a new one, probably the same price as buying a new one and installing it yourself.

Journeyman

Well, if you have the total protection insurance which I assume you do with a smartphone like this, just take it in to your local Sprint repair center, they'll get it fixed or replce it at no charge. With that said though, I really honestly think that you won't have any issues with it, you will probably be getting into your next upgrade before that even happens. Good Luck!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very good point Lou! Lets not forget that Apple has been doing this for Iphones for years. I'm confident that a Tech at a corporate store will see there share of battery replacments and therefore be able to replace batteries quickly. Thanks dshoem01 for that Info.

Journeyman

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you.  I've been trying to get my phone to turn back on for the past 4 hours.  Your Simulation battery pull worked.  I had pushed on all the buttons, but hadn't tried just holding for 10 seconds.

Journeyman

Thank you so very much for your help.  The simulated battery pull worked wonders

Journeyman

Really?  I thought there was a $100 deductable.  That's why I no longer have the protection plan.

http://shop2.sprint.com/assets/pdfs/en/support/forms/tep_brochure.pdf

GrandMaster

currently until the repair stores are fully trained with these phones they are unable to get into them. the battery should be covered under the manufacturer warranty..but even still theyre unable to get into the phone itself. thats coming from 2 repair stores i have called..one of them i deal with often through my work and vise versa.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Unfortunately, not anymore. There were quite a few discussions regarding the TEP changes as well as emails and postal mails sent out reagarding it. Unfortunately, there are still people not quite aware of the changes.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/plans/blog/2012/06/19/tep-price-change-f...

Also, the document you show is dated 2011.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.