cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate 'battery pull' on the EVO 4G LTE

Highlighted
Wizard

Simulate 'battery pull' on the EVO 4G LTE

While the EVO 4G LTE has a non-removeable battery, there is a reset function built into the device that simulates a 'battery pull'.  By pressing and holding the power button for ~10 seconds, the device will power down, simulating a battery pull and soft resetting. 

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Journeyman

I hold down power button bottom panel flashes but phone don't restart. Help me do the battery pull thing plz

Try Settings -> apps -> close/ force stop/ clear data/ clear cache... as many apps as you can. then try sim battery pull.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

are you holding it down for about 10+ seconds?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Any luck?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought there were $100 deductables too, My son's phone needed repair, they decided to replace it. I though $$$, but because he had trhe old phone. I was told no charge, only if he lost it wiould we be charged the deductable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am now a member of the "EVO LTE" going dead club. While powering it down last night, I inadvertently exited from the initial screen which put the phone to sleep. Realizing my mistake, I powered it back on, and proceeded to shut it down properly. After doing this, I plugged it into the charger and the charging light didn't come on. I unplugged it and tried to power it back on, but no response. After several tries, I left it unplugged and went to bed. Woke up about 3:30 a.m. and found it still dead. I plugged it into the charger anyway, (still no charging light) and went back to bed. Checked it this morning and it was still dead so I logged in to Sprint.com, went into support and started reading the threads there. I tried the 10 second fix, but no response. My phone has an "Otter" hard case which is starting to stretch out of shape, so I took the phone out of the case and used the flat tip of a ballpoint pen to hold the power button down. 10 seconds didn't work, but 15 seconds did and it came on. After checking several functions, I shut it down properly, plugged it into the charger, and the charging light now came on. I can only hope like all of the others before me this was a random act, and it will come up fully charged and ready for service. In a perfect world, Sprint is now aware of the scope of this problem and is busily addressing a permanent solution.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi David,

What ever happened with your phone?  Was it finally up and running as expected?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat