cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So you can only save $150 off full retail price if you upgrade to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Journeyman

So you can only save $150 off full retail price if you upgrade to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Is this right? I cannot upgrade to the new HTC EVO 4G LTE until july 1 and then I only get $150 off the full retail price (which would mean I would pay $399 + tax + upgrade fee) but new customers can get this new phone for only $199 with a waived activation fee??

Looks like come July 1 I will be an ex Sprint customer.. I barely use my current HTC EVO 4G 3D since I am on a Tmobile family plan and have the Samsung Galaxy S II

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Incorrect. The instant discount for an upgrade is usually much larger than $150. For instance, the instant upgrade savings on an iPhone 4S is $450, bringing the full retail of $650 down to $199. The EVO LTE will be $199 to new customers as well as customers eligible for upgrade, or adding a line.

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm available for an upgrade and was going to pre-order the new Evo 3G LTE but I feel it is unethical to charge me in advance of shipping it to me. To compound this problem Sprint isn't even willing to announce when the phone will be released! If Sprint was going to wave the activation fee then I would certainly feel better about allowing them to play with my money. I have bought thousands of dollars in items off the Internet and I have never been charged before the items have shipping. I therefore will not buy the phone. Keep it. I am not going to be treated like some sap, especially from what appears to be a cash strapped company like Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

No, you would not pay more than a new customer would for any phone, if you are eligible for an upgrade.

You as a returning customer are eligible for a $150 discount   OR   pay same rate as new customer.   Whichever is Cheaper!

So, in the case of this new phone you would pay the same rate as the new customer, at $199, since that is the cheaper price.

MeatMan69:

I pre-ordered the Evo4G before it was officially released, to make sure I would get one as soon as it was released. They don't bill you for the full price of the phone before it ships out to you. Instead you end up paying a fee, which is really a deposit, for them to reserve a phone for you.  For the Evo4G, I payed a $50 deposit, when i ordered so they would reserve the phone for me. Then when the phone shipped, they deducted the $50 from the price of the phone, and charged the remaining amount to my card. This is extremely common practice if you every want to pre-order/reserve something new before it's officially released. How else, is Sprint to know that you are committed to actually paying for the device, other than taking you at your word? With the reservation deposit, you're saying "If I don't end up paying you the remaining amount to purchase the phone, then i understand I will lose my $50 deposit".

Highlighted
Wizard

That's not what they posted but after thinking about it if my data speed is still the same a new phone makes no sense for me. Other than ICS (that I am promised anyway wth my Evo 3D) and the better camera why spend the money when I won't get LTE before the end of next year?  I probably will wait at least until the quadcore processors are available for CDMA carriers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ya, I would wait, unless you're area was one of the first areas slated for LTE coverage. When i bought the Evo4G, it was quite a while before my area had 'good' 4g connectivity. Even though we were one of the first cities to get it. So, when we finally had 'good' 4g coverage, the Evo4G was already outdated. I've decided with these new cell innovations like LTE/etc. I'm waiting to get a phone until after that specific spectrum is up and running.

Highlighted
Wizard

That's the part that still has me burning. I bought my Evo 4G in June 10' with the promise of 4G coverage and to this day STILL don't have it anywhere within 100 miles of me! Now here comes another race car they want to sell me while I drive through "their" school zone!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat