Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So you pre order a phone with no known shipping date and now your mad its delayed!

Journeyman

So you pre order a phone with no known shipping date and now your mad its delayed!

All of you who pre-ordered with out knowing when the phone the will ship, should be just content to wait.

All of the outraged and " I am going to cancel my order" people are just being irrational!

It was never a given whenit would ship. Even though sprint announced a may 18th launch, its not that big a deal waiting 1 or even 2 weeks more for the phone.

I am guessing the people who want to cancel feel like the extended wait for their phone will cause their head to explode, or some other devastating action will happen before the phone ships out.

TAKE A CHILL PILL PEOPLE!

I am sure the phone will launch soon, and I am looking forward getting my pre-order just as all of you, but I will not let this delay ruin my day.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: So you pre order a phone with no known shipping date and now your mad its delayed!

Are you reading the posts...people are upset becasue they had to find out about it on there own. if everyone just let things slide then companies would get away with alot more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: So you pre order a phone with no known shipping date and now your mad its delayed!

It was publically announced here in the forums, and unoffically alot of other places.

The whole I wasn't told scenario means you feel left out of the loop.

Sprint did send you a email last night to tell you the launch was being delayed.

They waited to see if they could launch in time, or at least have a new release date before they sent out their email notice.

They were damned if they sent you a notice with no information on a new date and damn if they didn't.

Sprint is playing it smart and not releasing info until they are sure.

We have all heard the rumors of a 5/23 launch date, but until they know they can deliver on that promise you won't have a confirmation from them.

Yeah I read all the posts, and so what if you found out on your own. You still found out just the same!

Highlighted
Journeyman

well the majority of opinoin here is that sprint could have done more to communicate something to its front line of users rather then let things just fall where they may. And you you telling peope to quite whining just makes people feel less important then they are already feeling. and makes you like like an employee of sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"well the majority of opinoin here is that sprint could have done more to communicate something to its front line of users rather then let things just fall where they may. And you you telling peope to quite whining just makes people feel less important then they are already feeling. and makes you like like an employee of sprint."

I like to think it makes me sound like a rational person, but just for the record I don't work for sprint just a sprint customer for the last 12 years

Highlighted
Journeyman

When you make blanket statements like this, your're assuming that you understand everyone's individual situation.  That is an ignorant point of view.  Also, why start yet another thread on this topic.  Fail.  Fail.  Fail.

kjb1964111 wrote:

All of you who pre-ordered with out knowing when the phone the will ship, should be just content to wait.

All of the outraged and " I am going to cancel my order" people are just being irrational!

It was never a given whenit would ship. Even though sprint announced a may 18th launch, its not that big a deal waiting 1 or even 2 weeks more for the phone.

I am guessing the people who want to cancel feel like the extended wait for their phone will cause their head to explode, or some other devastating action will happen before the phone ships out.

TAKE A CHILL PILL PEOPLE!

I am sure the phone will launch soon, and I am looking forward getting my pre-order just as all of you, but I will not let this delay ruin my day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually the date was announced. For several days my status said "We will do our best to get the phone to you on or before May 18th"

If it arrived early I would have been happy; if it arrived today, I would have been happy. I wouldn't have minded getting it on release day.

That said, a ton of people knew a full day before Spent sent a like 3 sentence e-mail they claimed took them so long to write, they refused to comment to the media when the story was fully published.

Guess what? There are people out there who can't wait. My phone has broke so many times I'm tired of getting it replaced. Other people might not be able to get a replacement.

It is a big deal. Buisnesses should respect customers. Giving a launch date and then saying "ehh just wait a few more weeks" is not respectful. If there are legit reasons like this, most people are understanding if you give them prompt and clear information.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed, except that we actually new 2 full days before Sprint announced.  S4gru.com ran the story the afternoon of 5/15/2012.

GPRIMR1 wrote:

Actually the date was announced. For several days my status said "We will do our best to get the phone to you on or before May 18th"

If it arrived early I would have been happy; if it arrived today, I would have been happy. I wouldn't have minded getting it on release day.

That said, a ton of people knew a full day before Spent sent a like 3 sentence e-mail they claimed took them so long to write, they refused to comment to the media when the story was fully published.

Guess what? There are people out there who can't wait. My phone has broke so many times I'm tired of getting it replaced. Other people might not be able to get a replacement.

It is a big deal. Buisnesses should respect customers. Giving a launch date and then saying "ehh just wait a few more weeks" is not respectful. If there are legit reasons like this, most people are understanding if you give them prompt and clear information.

Highlighted
Journeyman

there are plenty of things out there that sway my opinion of how i think about the products i use and the stores i shop from. Some things make me think better of stores like Best Buy sending out emails to its pre order customers. some things make me think less of a company like sprint not emailing its customers about the situation. The fact that all these people are expressing there frustrations i hope this would help sprint in the future to be more aware of there customers attitudes. They should have known that the front line users that preorderd would be watching intently for any information anything less is being nieve, this is the world we live in....think about what happens when a game like MW3 comes out and the servers are down the first night. other technolgy based rollouts will have the same effect.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Doctechx wrote:

Agreed, except that we actually new 2 full days before Sprint announced.  S4gru.com ran the story the afternoon of 5/15/2012.

true but s4gru isnt held back by any legalities. theyre also not a company that has to go through so many loops before anything is publicly announced.

this same thing goes for all the other sites that are kicking out the news on this whole deal...they get their info from their lil birdies and then post it...theyre not bound by anything ...fully true..semi true..even rumored will get posted no matter if its correct or only partially correct.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

but that still shouldnt stop sprint from saying anything at all. they could have said something along the lines of potential problem....kinda like a weather report warning that there might be bad weather coming

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seriously it is quite simple and I am going to call a spade a spade.

HTC knew this was coming (they are at fault)

Sprint had to of known about this FROM HTC (so they are at fault as well) but they thought (SPRINT) they could push it to the max, take our money and "maybe we wont get stuck in customs" and then to not even update us all accordingly is total crap.

Even HTC should have had something about this on their website (its complete bullocks).

And lastly, dirty Apple (although I don’t hold them as much at fault as the other two) should feel bad about what they are doing. Every phone uses this tech and HTC fixed this (I have seen websites showing the fix). They play dirty and try to monopolize everything and although it is dirty it is business so I can’t really fault them too much. I just have lost a ton of respect for them and the way they handled this.

As a person that dropped and broke his original EVO on April 28th, I pre-ordered as well (through Best BUY) and am currently without a phone period. I live by myself in a major city with no family around and it just makes life that much more difficult (thank goodness for Skype or Google calls) and as some people are screaming "Its okay, the delay is fine" it truly is not. You order a product you expect to receive that product within the timeframe promised to you and if you cannot deliver on this time frame then you should not promise it to begin with. SPRINT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TAKING PRE-ORDERS and no one else for that matter. (Note: By the time I receive my phone (If I even do) I will have paid for either close to over a month for a plan I did not use AT ALL).

But I will say at least I got TWO not ONE but TWO emails from Best Buy yesterday addressing this situation (and I am sure they know less than SPRINT) even if the information was premature (a follow-up email to that info was sent out to me) they did SOMETHING as opposed to Sprint and HTC (whom really did nothing...I aint even counting that BS comment on the forum...TWO DAYS LATER). I would much rather have information even if it is not entirely correct with quick follow-ups and updates to that info then to have nothing at all. Just saying I think this whole thing is bonkers and so ridiculous.

Side Note:

Could this have gone through Customs earlier in order for this to have been inspected with still being able to meet the launch date (or the launch date should not have even been addressed until these phones were cleared)?

I know the S3 is coming in June and I can bet my bottom dollar Samsung is taking note and this will not happen to them. PERIOD.

Another Side Note:

If these phones do not clear the shit is really going to hit the fan so let’s pray all goes well for HTC and Sprint bc right now they need each other more than ever (this phone is supposed to be Sprints cream of the crop) and HTC had an awful 2011 fiscal year so they needed this as well.

Sincerely,

A rational yet still frustrated LOYAL HTC enthusiast and Sprint customer.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat