cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So you pre order a phone with no known shipping date and now your mad its delayed!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: So you pre order a phone with no known shipping date and now your mad its delayed!

Yes... I agree.  However, if the little birdies were able to feed the information to S4gru, then that means Sprint new even sooner, and therefore could have communicated something sooner than the day before launch.  Would it have made a difference to customers?  Maybe...

fireguy_6364 wrote:

true but s4gru isnt held back by any legalities. theyre also not a company that has to go through so many loops before anything is publicly announced.  this same thing goes for all the other sites that are kicking out the news on this whole deal...they get their info from their lil birdies and then post it...theyre not bound by anything ...fully true..semi true..even rumored will get posted no matter if its correct or only partially correct.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: So you pre order a phone with no known shipping date and now your mad its delayed!

pTrip75 wrote:

but that still shouldnt stop sprint from saying anything at all. they could have said something along the lines of potential problem....kinda like a weather report warning that there might be bad weather coming

when was the last time you heard of huge legal problems with a weather reporter not being accurate with what is supposed to happen on a certain day? as is they(sprint) still cant say anything without going through all those hoops for permission AND on what they can actually say. a OS update is supposed to come out such and such day? missed? backlash... it really doesnt matter how anyone wants to put a spin on it. theyre not just sitting there with a thumb up their rumps..theres always a method to the madness.

lets spin this a different way though..maybe apple is pushing this REALLY hard due to the fact that they have NOTHING ready for sprints new LTE settup? everyone is jumping on the new LTE phones and oh look..3 LTE capable android phones pretty much back to back..if someone has a contract up and is looking for a new phone...are they going to jump on a iphone when none of the available ones are LTE capable? or even wimax capable? doubtful. especially since wimax is rumored to be D.O.A sometime in 2015

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

im sure they knew something...im sure HTC new as well..but to what level though? do you really think they had ANY clue this would actually happen? sure the usual court drills and the back and forths but THIS? if the company i work for has anything happen we are unable to speak about it to anyone unless they give us permission. same deal here.

Doctechx wrote:

Yes... I agree.  However, if the little birdies were able to feed the information to S4gru, then that means Sprint new even sooner, and therefore could have communicated something sooner than the day before launch.  Would it have made a difference to customers?  Maybe...

fireguy_6364 wrote:

true but s4gru isnt held back by any legalities. theyre also not a company that has to go through so many loops before anything is publicly announced.  this same thing goes for all the other sites that are kicking out the news on this whole deal...they get their info from their lil birdies and then post it...theyre not bound by anything ...fully true..semi true..even rumored will get posted no matter if its correct or only partially correct.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well for all of you who pre ordered this phone and said " what do I do I need my phone now", you shouln't be pre ordering a phone that hasn't been released.

It is not uncommon for new products to be delayed,  for various reasons, software, hardware, distribution... all kinds of reasons.

If you were in such desperate need of a phone then you should have ordered a current phone that is allready in cirulation, and that is in stock.

Anyone else who is so upset about the delay in a pre ordered phone should also realize delays can happen on new products, if your not comfortable with the possibility that your new widget might have a delayed launch.

well then maybee you should not be pre ordering, and should wait until after the launch, when you can pick up your item at your leisure.

Things don't go smoothly for lots of product launchs, Sprint could have notified you earlier, but they didn't get over it. Or you can go stamp your feet and yell until your red in the face!

Really is 5 days going to make that much of a difference in your lives probably not.

AS for S4GRU, and Inside Sprint Now, they are leaking info that would get their sources fired if they were discovered. People are complaining about not being told, by sprint but they like  to release accurate info when it's available, not rumors and hearsay.

S4GRU and Inside Sprint Now are not offical sources and cannot speak with 100% accuracy, even though Most of the time they are pretty close.

I am sure Sprint waited to the last moment hoping they could give you a offical date of the release when they told you of the delay.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My two cents...I am not an employee either...customer for 10 years...very content to wait for the phone...when I ordered I figured the release wouldn't be until at least 6-1 anyway...I am sure Sprint had people in place ready to ship these phones by whatever means necessary to deliver on time, assuming they were going to be able to ship at all...so it makes sense that the emails regarding not shipping were not sent out until the very last minute, when Sprint knew there were no other options available...Why would anyone cancel an order for a phone they obviously want just because the ship date (which they did not know when they ordered) has now been changed? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you need a phone so bad there are 100's available online and at your local Sprint store.  Go get one.  It was your decision to pre-order and agree to wait on the "latest and greatest".  Regardless of what information was disclosed after you ordered regarding the lauch date, the date was NOT known at the time preorder started.  Apparently your need for a phone was not so great when you pre-ordered.

Journeyman

Here Here...! (they need one of those clapping emoticons, so I could use it...) I actually stopped into the Sprint store today, and told a rep I was "here to pick up my EVO LTE". He kind of looked around behind the counter for a second, then told me they didn't have them yet. At the same time, another rep came over and said..."I know you..." and shook my hand as we actually met face to face for the first time. I've been calling them regularly, and we've joked about the phones not being in yet...and my calling, saying that another store rep left me a voice mail saying I could come in and pick mine up... 

If you can't change something, you might as well find a way of dealing with it

Highlighted
Journeyman

No...  This is not true for a large # of pre-ordering customers.  The release date was announced on 5/9.  Everyone that ordered after that announcement assumed they would be getting a phone on or before that date.  The reason people would want to cancel a pre-order even though they want this phone, is because they need a phone and line of service, and can't afford to wait indefinitely on the Evo.  I'm not getting into the arguments of whether Sprint knew or should have known.  I am simply responding to your position below, which is not the case for a large # of customers.

VENUS_81673 wrote:

My two cents...I am not an employee either...customer for 10 years...very content to wait for the phone...when I ordered I figured the release wouldn't be until at least 6-1 anyway...I am sure Sprint had people in place ready to ship these phones by whatever means necessary to deliver on time, assuming they were going to be able to ship at all...so it makes sense that the emails regarding not shipping were not sent out until the very last minute, when Sprint knew there were no other options available...Why would anyone cancel an order for a phone they obviously want just because the ship date (which they did not know when they ordered) has now been changed? 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat