cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some EVO 4g LTE questions.

Journeyman

Some EVO 4g LTE questions.

• I heard the new Evo LTE comes with a 25g Drop box app. Is that true?
  • Can the Kickstand hold the phone up vertically? If so can some post a pic of it in that position?
  • If I use a Wifi connection does for the internet it matter that I don’t have 4g LTE in New Orleans yet.
  • Which speed is faster Wifi or 4g?

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: Some EVO 4g LTE questions.

Yes there is access to drop box   2g  normal access plus an additional  23 G for two years

• Can the Kickstand hold the phone up vertically? If so can some post a pic of it in that position?

·             Holds the phone sideways on a desk top so you can view photos and videos hands-free.

If I use a Wifi connection does for the internet it matter that I don’t have 4g LTE in New Orleans yet.

If you mainly use wifi  it makes little difference

• Which speed is faster Wifi or 4g? Depends on the  wifi service you are using  some are slower some are faster
Highlighted
Journeyman

• If I use a Wifi connection does for the internet it matter that I don’t have 4g LTE in New Orleans yet.
  • Which speed is faster Wifi or 4g?

Funny, I just logged in and checked to write this reply. It showed 2GB, but I just got an email to add 23GB, so yes, you get 25GB.

No, the kickstand cannot hold the phone up vertically.

For the last two questions, something to consider: 4G LTE is just a name. 4G used to refer to Sprints WiMax service (as on the HTC EVO 4G) and LTE is a new band that Sprint is rolling out. 4G WiMax is going away in the next few years and will be replaced by LTE, which should be equally as fast, but is in very limited markets.

The EVO 4G LTE does not support WiMax, only LTE, which is in limited markets. As such, you'll still have access to 3G speeds, though they will be very slow.

WiFi may / may not be faster than 4G / LTE, it depends on the internet connection the WiFi is using. It's a loaded question. I can connect to a WiFi Hotspot that only has a 128kb connection, in which case it's going to be quite slow. I can also connect to my home WiFi and have a 54MB connection, which is quite fast (faster than 3G, 4G/WiMax & LTE). WiFi is only as fast as the internet connection it is connected to, and that can vary greatly.

In general, if you connect to a WiFi network it will likely be faster than 3G, but unless it's your home network that you know is a fast connection, LTE will likely be better.

I have a home internet connection of 20MB down and 5MB up. This is much faster than the 4G connection on my old EVO 4G, and significantly faster than 3G.

Journeyman

I would also like to know is if you receive a text or an email with a phone number or Web URL, are they clickable and actionable as in launching a web browser instance or dialing the phone number?

From what I read this is what all the Apple patent broohaha was about.

Journeyman

I would also like to know is if you receive a text or an email with a phone number or Web URL, are they clickable and actionable as in launching a web browser instance or dialing the phone number?

From what I read this is what all the Apple patent broohaha was about.

Phone number was clickable and sent me to the dial screen.

Web URL opened in the browser.

An address however did not work, only the street number was clickable and showed up in the dialer, so it didn't recogonize the full address.

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply, that is a relief.  I wonder how they got past the patent issue?

Journeyman

Journeyman

Thanks for the info. I can't wait until I get that EVO 4g LTE, I have a hero now. LOL Yeah it is time for an upgrade. LOL

Master

I was just gonna post the same views or similar views.

But to the OP, as you can see, there are 3 positions you can use the kickstand in. Both horizontal views and one vertical view.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat