cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some love for the EVO 4G LTE

Highlighted
Wizard

Some love for the EVO 4G LTE

The guys at Gizmodo had lots of love for the EVO 4G LTE. I've been rockin the original EVO 4G for 2+ years, and I'm thinking it's time to snag a new device. With more than a dozen devices expected this year, maybe I should wait?

http://gizmodo.com/5899165/htc-evo-4g-lte-hands-on-one-serious-piece-of-slick

12 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Some love for the EVO 4G LTE

It always depends on how much I like a device before I jump on it. Regardless of upgrade eligibility or pricing, I always make my decision on how I feel about what the device is offering me and what it can do to make how I communicate and consume media easier. When I started doing dev work, my decisions became a little easier, because all I would use would be a Nexus, and feature wise it fit me.

Journeyman

Love to have LTE phone. But whats the point if SPRINT network doesn't support ?

As of now, spritn has plans to have LTE n/w coverage in few cities by mid-2012.

Can we hear something from Sprint when and what can we expect on LTE n/w coverage

in other areas ?

Journeyman

I feel that this is a worthy predecessor to the original EVO 4G so I will be upgrading. I'm mostly like the fact that it has SD card support, dedicated camera button, and of course the kickstand is back. I'm not too worried about LTE coming to my area because eventually it will.

Journeyman

Thotti, http://s4gru.com/ has awsome info about NetworkVision

Journeyman

I live in the DFW area.  We have 4g, but it the coverage isn't very good, so I never use it anyway.  Maybe the LTE coverage will be better.  I also have the original Evo 4g.  It is still a great phone, but will check out the 4g LTE when available.

Journeyman

You have been rockin an EVO for 2+ years?

LOL I thought this launched June of 2010? (When I bought mine and I got mine the second day they were available at the store).

I think max we could be rockin an EVO is 1 year 10 months.

Wizard

Google developers who had attended Google I/O got theirs May 19th 2010.

Wizard

MIKEM1948 wrote:

I live in the DFW area.  We have 4g, but it the coverage isn't very good, so I never use it anyway.  Maybe the LTE coverage will be better.  I also have the original Evo 4g.  It is still a great phone, but will check out the 4g LTE when available.

Hey, I'm in Fort Worth! LTE should have better coverage because the LTE towers have the radios up on the pole near the antennas rather than down on the ground. This means about 20% stronger signal because of less signal loss.

Here's a Sprint NV tower after the upgrade. The long things are the antennae. The boxes behind them are the radios.

http://s4gru.forumflash.com/uploads/gallery/album_8/gallery_1_8_105984.jpg

Sprint Product Ambassador

Awesome photo, GeekOfTexas!  Thanks!