ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoundHound app not present or visible

Journeyman

SoundHound app not present or visible

All, I've noticed a minor issue related to the SoundHound application.  Basically the app does not appear in my list of available (all) applications and therefore I cannot launch it.  I verified it does appear in the Settings-->Application list, showing that it is installed and up to date.  I am able to laucnh it by searching the phone and selecting from the results.  The application does indeed launch and works correctly.  I'm simply wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue and if so what you did to resolve.

I checked through the forum and did not find matching hits for this issue.  Again minor since I can launch from search.

Tags (2)
16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: SoundHound app not present or visible

Now thats odd, I opened it thru the app drawer last night I believe, and now I dont see mine either.

Master

Sorry for the inconvenience. Do see an  icon for the Sound Hound App?  I just installed it on my phone and automatically put an icon in the application list. I can launch the app from the icon under application list. I would suggest you to delete the app and resintall the app.

Let me know

Abe

Journeyman

No, unfortunately I do not see the application in the App Tray, even with "All" selected as the filter.  I even uninstalled the updates, since the entire app cannot be uninstalled (apparently stock).  In either condition the app is not visible, either with or without updates.  Screen capture of the App Tray, filter set to "All".

Screenshot_2012-05-30-13-57-52.png

Screen capture of System Settings-->Applications

Screenshot_2012-05-30-14-02-49.png

Wizard

use your google search tool abd type in soundhound. you should see it populate in the search.

also if you type mirror you will find the mirror app.

Highlighted
Master

Steadicam wrote:

use your google search tool abd type in soundhound. you should see it populate in the search.

also if you type mirror you will find the mirror app.

He mentions that is the way he currently is launching the app in the first post.

thcdp wrote:

I am able to laucnh it by searching the phone and selecting from the results.  The application does indeed launch and works correctly.  I'm simply wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue and if so what you did to resolve.

I checked through the forum and did not find matching hits for this issue.  Again minor since I can launch from search.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I noticed this as well.  What I think has happened is that SoundHound is included as a feature that is part of the FM Radio app, just like TuneIn Radio is included with the HTC Car app.  They act like system apps and don't appear in the app drawer.  (SoundHound seems to function normally, but TuneIn is different when accessed from the car app)  Simply downloading the apps from the market will let them show up in the app drawer and won't interfere with their operation in the other ones.

I don't know if this is right..it's just a guess.  Not a big deal since both apps are free.

Wizard

there are a couple of apps that run when certain things happen on the device. polaris app is also an app that is installed at the OS level but does not run until its called upon by some action.

same for other apps (mirror, soundhound...)

if you want to change this behavior, root your device and install a 3rd party rom.

Journeyman

All, thanks for the input!  Again, not a make or break situation.  I was able to apply a shortcut to the "ID Now" funciton of Sound Hound which launches the app and initiates the cpature function - which is what I desired in the first place.

Perhaps it was a purposeful configuration, though I would think there is a minor bug underlying.

Journeyman

Do not ROOT (they could be listening). It's isn't neccessary to get this to work. Download a file manager (I use ES File Explorer). These steps will be for the app I am using:

1. Launch ES File Explorer

2. Run AppMgr

3. Select Category; Under "Select types" click "All"

4. Find the app you are looking for and do a long press on it; "Operations" will pop up, pick shortcut.

You will now have a shortcut for the hidden apps.

Hope this helps

Journeyman

Great answer PZCISCO82 - works flawlessly!

PZCISCO82 wrote:

Do not ROOT (they could be listening). It's isn't neccessary to get this to work. Download a file manager (I use ES File Explorer). These steps will be for the app I am using:

1. Launch ES File Explorer

2. Run AppMgr

3. Select Category; Under "Select types" click "All"

4. Find the app you are looking for and do a long press on it; "Operations" will pop up, pick shortcut.

You will now have a shortcut for the hidden apps.

Hope this helps

Journeyman

the sound hound app is bundled under your music app. it was already loaded on my phone as one of my home screens. let me know if u see it there

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat