cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

This is the third time I've called tech support about this phone after not calling them ONCE about the EVO 4G. I came from T-Mobile before Sprint so I'm fairly used to the run around I'm to be given my wireless providers about why your phone may or may not be working. I'm in Houston, so I'm one of the "lucky" few that gets LTE "sometime mid-year maybe". I call and let them know that my phone is no longer receiving calls. People call me and tell me that my phone calls are not going through, that my number goes straight to a message claiming that "The Susbcriber you have dialed is not in service". I use this phone for both personal and work so that is pretty detrimental to me, especially considering when a client calls I expect the phone to...you know...work. I let customer service know that I've talked once before and I've updated the PRL, I've taken the phone into servicing, I've rebooted the phone, they've checked the towers in the area and they all seem to be working fine. Finally I got to a point where I said:

"There is a problem with these phones. There are tons of customers unhappy with them, they aren't working properly. I have a sister with a 4 year old HTC Phone on T-Mobile that works better and more consistently than my phone, which is supposed to be a flagship device. What do you tell me and these customers? When I get a phone I expect it to work."

"....we at Sprint ask that you bear with us. The LTE network is being worked on right now and should be up and running soon, mid this year."

"When mid this year? Tomorrow? Late this month? Late next month?"

"We haven't been given that information yet sir."

"So you want me to sit around with a malfunctioning phone until your company decides that it wants to turn the new network on? Does that make any sense to you?"

"....................."

It's sad because the customer service agent got to a point where there was nothing he could say. He literally just waited until I was done talking and didn't say anything. He just sat there on the phone, silent. The hard part for the customer service reps is that they are essentially the punching bags. They have no answers and will never have answers until whoever it is that is making the decisions over there comes out and says something. I have a better chance talking to my dog about Sprint's LTE network than I do customer service. At least with him I'm not burning my battery or my minutes. My only recourse here since I'm past my 14 day grace period is to bite the bullet and cancel my contract complete with termination fee. I'm typically a patient guy but I *hate* when companies are disingenuous with their customers. So that being said I too will follow up with the Media Alert thread hoping this story gains some legs and starts affecting Sprint's pocket books because we all know they won't do anything unless that happens.

74 REPLIES 74
Master

Re: Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

Have you taken the phone in to see if it's an issue with the phone? How about exchanging it for another phone?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Yep. Did all that. Next thing you know Sprint is going to tell me to move to a different city where I can get better reception.

Master

Sounds like we need to get Shane_M involved. He's been helping trouble shoot wehther it's tower related or not even when some of the CS reps have been unaware of a tower/network issue.

In any case, I sent him a PM to look into this thread so he can get in touch with you.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Wizard

j_ayala85,

I'm sending you a private message to gather some personal information and look into this for you.

Thanks smotrs for the heads up!

Journeyman

I'd like to ask who at Sprint is going to assist me with my signal strength issue as well as all the other users in the sprint forums?  I have an eticket number but that didn't help.  I've called 3 times to Sprint to no avail.  Excuses everytime, update PRL, the towers are changing, etc. 

I had the original EVO 4G (no problems), EVO 3D (no problems), EVO 4G LTE - problems.......someone explain this to me, same environment.  I hope I'm ot asked to move to a different city. 

Wizard

I would be glad to look into it for you. I'll send you a private message as well.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue. People are calling and having to leave a voicemail to let me know that I missed their call. Also, there are times when I can hear a beep like I have another caller calling but when I look only the caller that I'm speaking with shows. Later after that call is over then I see the missed call. I never had these issues with my HTC EVO and I'm very disappointed this is happening especially since I've recommended that all my friends get this phone.

Another issue I'm having is the speaker phone quality. Everything is low and garbled. I can't hear people clearly and they can't hear me clearly. These issues need to be resolved or I may have to look into switching phones.....

GrandMaster

not directed at you...but for those that are having this issue...it also helps to post your zip codes and the closest cross street to where its mainly happening...if its all over in a town then just the zip will work..helps narrow down the problems out the gate instead of it having to be asked anyways..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

The issues your describing sound to be network related like the blocked calls (calls rolling to voicemail). I would recommend calling in to technical support and troubleshooting the issue and getting a network ticket created.

Journeyman

I too am having connectivity issues with my HTC EVO 4G LTE.

On day 2 it was roaming; Sprint Tech Support walked me thru the fix.

I live in 77060, work in 77032, co-workers on Sprint are not having 3G issues.

77032= Just did 3G Speed test with EVO 4G & EVO 4G LTE. EVO 4G LTE results were better.

Since I bought this phone, I have experienced numerous PRL updates, Play store time outs, connection loss issues, missed calls...

Journeyman

Are there any issues in the 53545 area? I have been experiencing issues withno service/roaming at the intersections of Hwy 14 and Kennedy road since monday. Also very weak signal throughout town.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat