cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

Master

Re: Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

bmxracer24  I do see a ticket has been opend for the tower serving that intersection

Master

camstuf.  Based on the speed test information you want to know about the change in the speeds.  the towers in that area are at or near capacity.  The t ower closest to the coords given is due for a data upgrade in Aug.   As are two more towers with in 2.5 miles of the coorrds.

Journeyman

Got the new phone in yesterday from the Sprint store and a few things were kind of interesting. They signed me up for the "protection plan" which I specifically told them I didn't want. They then told me there was no way for me to get a replacement phone without said protection plan because I was out of my 14 days. Secondly, while there, I saw 3 different EVO LTE's being returned or repaired. 2 other customers were there complaining about the same issues.

Moving along, the new phone works just like the old one did. Spotty service. Non existent Internet connection. To you Sprint employees who monitor these forums and try to help, we appreciate that. At least you are here trying to do some damage control and there is something that can be said for that. However, please stop pretending like this is something that can be brushed under the rug and that you are going to check on "tower issues" or anything like that. The network is having severe issues and they are likely not to be resolved any time soon. Why can't we get a date for the LTE? Can you please answer me just that? Why is it hard for Sprint to say "Hey guys, on the 15th of July we're gonna flip the switch". At least I'll have an answer. The thing is that they probably don't know when it'll be up, and putting that information out there will result in a backlash they probably won't be able to deal with.

I've never been this unhappy with an upgrade experience and I came from T-MOBILE. So that being said the only recourse I have is to return the phone and stick with the OEVO 4G, ride out the contract or cancel and move to Verizon. Let me ask you something, does anyone here actually think that after the 4G is turned on that there won't be issues anymore? Hell, they turned on 4G Wimax 2 years ago and that was always spotty as hell, never to be resolved. They sure were happy to get that extra 10 bucks a month from you though.

Journeyman

The HTC EVO 4G LTE is a worthless smartphone.  I loved my HTC EVO 4G but decided to upgrade to the EVO 4G LTE because my husband damaged his phone and he couldn't get a new one.  Since I was eligible for an upgrade, I gave him my EVO 4G. Although I knew LTE wasn't available yet, I was still expecting the 3G CDMA service to be sufficient until the LTE kicked in and I am realizing now that my expectations were obviously too high.  I have had the same problems as many of the others on this thread have had.  I've done all of the updates, resets, reboots, etc...that Sprint reps have recommended and I even exchanged the for a new phone thinking that would help to no avail.  I am heading over to the Sprint store today to exchange for an iPhone 4s because I am disgusted that they let this phone come out with so many problems.  

Journeyman

Thank you 14KNIGHT! I have noticed a slight improvement at work as of yesterday morning.

Journeyman

I am seeing significant decreases in Service where I work.  I used to get 2 or 3 bars inside my building but all of a sudden the last few days im literally getting "No Service" and have to resort to roaming for voice and wifi for data.  can you please investigate if there are issues in this location?

I have PM'd coord's

Journeyman

Shane - Send me a private message as well if you can.  It is definitely NOT tower issues or updates.  The Sprint HTC 4G LTE has poor reception issues.  I went back to my 4G EVO and have no problems.  I can talk anywhere at my house and neighborhood with my old EVO.  I miss calls and cannot carry on a conversation inside my house anymore.  Dropped calls at work too. We have around 10 employees at work on the EVO and two of us switched to 4G LTE and there is a noticeable difference.  We can be standing side by side and 4G LTE won't even ring.  Doesn't get more obvious than that. I hope Sprint is able to do something about it.  For all the marketing of 4G LTE and how this is the best phone out, it has not lived up to the hype.  Where is the reception and where is LTE?

Journeyman

I'm trying to determine if I'm having issues with both of our new 2 Evo LTE's or the local tower(s)  Can someone please check 43611 near Summit St and Shoreland.  I think the tower is approximatly a half mile north.  Somethimes it will connect extremely fast (1.2 down), other times I can't even download an app or go to google.com...or get no connection warnings.  Thank you

Journeyman

Having lots of service issues with this phone. I get text messages 30min After it was sent, no service whats so ever at my house. Never had this problem with my evo 4G.  zip 76016....please help!!

Journeyman

These Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTEs are terrible. I have had nothing but problems with reception, poor human/machine interface issues, and software glitches. I've already spent hours on the phone with customer service to no avail.  Most of the tech reps I talked to seem to know less about the phone than I do.  My zip is 20636.  My old HTC Hero had much better reception than this thing.  HELP!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My zip is 98118 if anyone is validating tower issues. My OGEVO worked great on 3G. My new EVOLTE is not so great. I only changed the phone, nothing else...

Journeyman

I have the Samsung Galaxy S III & am also having the same issues as people with the Evo 4g LTE.  Constant dropped calls, especially at home.  My wifes i=phone will sometimes have 4 bars & I'll be roaming.... My zip is 76543.   Can you offer any help by chance?  Thanks.!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat