cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

Journeyman

Re: Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

I just recently moved from Wisconsin where I had decent reception, and probably no more than 5 dropped calls throughout my last 6 years of being a Sprint customer, out to Scottsdale, Arizona (area code 85260) where I have dropped EVERY call... Looking on the coverage map (http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Cov) it appears I should have excellent coverage, yet this is clearly not the case..  And it looks like I am surrounded by at least 5 towers, so WHAT GIVES?  I really would like to keep my HTC Evo 4G, but the way things are going it looks like I'll be switching to Verizon because everyone seems to worship them here..  Would really appreciate some feedback, or if Shane could check into the towers or whatever you are doing?  I don't know..  I'm just very disappointed, after being a customer for so long and now having such horrible service.

Journeyman

I am dealing with reception issues, I was told that my airwave was causing my receptin problems, my text messages won't send in my home, I will have to continually reset the airwave for them to go through but if I unplug it I can't get any reception for calls, I'm in a no win situation and don't know what to do.

Journeyman

After a hateful week on the new LTEvo with little-to-no reception in the house (OG Evo & other devices always worked fine) I got Sprint to send me an Airave free of charge (just for asking really, they didn't push back at all). The Airave definitely improved the signal strenth at least a bit although I still have "dead zones" in the house where previously I did not. Texting seems to work fine over the Airave, so I can't confirm reports about it causing SMS problems, I mean the whole point of the thing is to make the signal better, so you would think that would improve SMS as well, right? I can report that the handset does occasionally "drop" the Airave, requiring a reset of the LTEvo, Airave or both, but it's only happend a couple times in the week I've had the Airave and most times the handset seems to recognize the Airave automatically when entering the house. Obviously, the LTEvo has serious reception issues that we can only hope will be fixed by LTE. My problem is the Wash DC market is not slated to get LTE for at least a few more weeks and my 30-day return period to BB is up in 10 days. My advice is to hold off a purchase of a LTE handset until the service issues are fully acknolweged and addressed and if you already have one - call Sprint and ask for/demand a free Airave - otherwise, get used to standing near your windows...

Journeyman

I work at 77032, Bush Intercontinental Airport: 3 dropped calls today, PRL updates- no help.

When I called about dropped calls last week, a CSR said it was because of the planes flying by.

I laugh everytime I recall the conversation.

What a waste...

Journeyman

my evo 4g lte has the same issue i live in an excellent service area from what coverage map sez . hardly ever have a full signal and the bars thats on the phone constanly fluctuates , not to mention the dropped calls and the 3g is really slow most of the time . wifi works great ,but that isnt a sprint signal. came to sprint to save money, from verizon but $99.99 mo for  unlimited service you dont get is a big waste ........CAN U HERE ME NOW .......considering options at this time but i leaning towards a termination fee and back to verizon . updated prl ,profile, store reboot, software updates, htc updates told to call from landlines in area having problems in for trouble shooting .....really i'm not on the sprint payroll and i'm running around the country (my job requirement) for them to look for issues ....REALLY

Message was edited by: mds1964

Journeyman

I now have 7 calls into Sprint's customer support, 1 store visit, 5 hours of my time wasted, and still the same poor signal strength.  If anyone is having these same issues and you are within your 2 week return period - RETURN IT and RUN AWAY!

Journeyman

I too was provided an AirRave free of charge however it has proven to be worthless due to what Sprint Tech Support says is an issue with my CenturyLink modem/router.  The Modem light on the AirRave constantly blinks a constant amber color.  I have to power cycle it and my modem/router at least once a day.  It will work again for a little while but even when it does I can not get my EVO LTE to connect to it.  I have a Blackberry Bold through Sprint as well and it doesn't have an issue (when the AirRave is working).

It's like Sprint looks for giant pieces of crap to provide their customers.  If Sprint can't get the signal and data issue with the EVO LTE fixed soon I am gone after 10+ years.  But we all know they don't give a crap about current customers, just recruiting new ones.

Journeyman

i feel we should take names and facebook for a list of people 3000 names or better and out of contract with out paying termination fees. if sprint cant provide service they sell u why should we have to pay to get out of contract .....i own a business and when i cant get the job done the way i sell it, my costumer dont pay me to get out of contract ..

who ever let this become an agreement. THIS SHOULD B ILLEGAL !!! THEY CAN LOCK U INTO CONTRACT AND DONT HAVE TO GIVE U ANY SERVICE AND MAKE U PAY TO GET OUT OF IT  .....THEY SHOULD PAY FOR OUR ISSUES !!!

Journeyman

Sup People:

I'm also having issues with my HTC Evo 4G LTE. I sometimes get data connection and sometimes I don’t. I live in Anaheim CA. I have great coverage in my area and also inside my home. I notice that every time my data connection goes out, the 3G icon disappears but my bars are full. I changed my settings to CDMA only, and I still have the issue. I have updated my PRL, Profile, and even had a hands free activation done twice. Can anyone let me how to fix this? This is my second EVO LTE. My first one did the same thing. Wi-Fi works great.

Please Help Out.

Journeyman

This isn't so much a service or coverage issue. If you go to your settings when you're having this problem you'll notice the words "Turning on..." below Mobile Network.

What's happening is the phone is putting the data connection to sleep after some period of inactivity (the duration of which i've as yet been unable to determine) and it seems to be failing to turn the radio back on. The proof is in that if you stand in that same spot and restart the phone (hold the power button until the dialog comes up to shutdown, go to airplane mode, or restart) it will connect right up when the phone is done rebooting.

To me, that's far from a service/coverage issue. It's either hardware or software. Most likely softare since the radio will indeed come on when issued the proper commands such as during a reboot. So at that point you can say that it's either getting a bad command to sleep, or a bad command to wake up from whatever process is doing so after the aforementioned inactivity period of undetermined duration.

That said, I've seen some threads over at XDA where they've successfully disabled this "feature" (the name escapes me) that is saving our batteries by rendering the phone nonfunctional for mobile data. My hope is that a software update will correct this issue; and what would be nice would be acknowledgement from either HTC or Sprint that this is a known issue and is or isn't being worked on as part of a future OTA update or something.

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm still working on some of the post in this thread along with others but because this thread has grown so large I would recommend in order to ensure your post is seen by one of the Sprint techs working the forums please create a new thread in the Network and Coverage section if you're experiencing issues related to signal issues. Also if you're experiencing issues with voice related issues you can contact us at 888-211-4727 to request a network ticket created.

Journeyman

I'm having that same trouble with my iPhone 4s and can't get any help from it I don't even get my txt messages

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat