cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

Journeyman

Re: Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

Same here. Please help. slow speeds since day  one of buying the evo 4G LTE. I live in Los Banos, Ca 93635, nearest crosstreet - Overland Rd. Please help Shane_M

Journeyman

My signal issues were so bad at home (85353) that Sprint provided me with a free AirRave until (as I was told by multiple tech support agents and two Sprint stores) the towers in the area were fixed which isn't supposed to be until late October or early November.  I also travel for work and am in different cities/towns a few times a month.  No matter where I go I always have signal/reception issues.  Phone calls going right to VM, can not dial out, text messages either not sending or taking a long time to send and either not receiving text messages at all or receiving them hours later.  I have also had issues where the phone would switch from roaming to Sprint all while sitting in the exact same place.  And when both the roaming and Sprint signals were showing close to full bars.

Each time I have an issue I have to call tech support and listen to the same excuses over and over....problems with the towers in your area...or there is an outage in your area.  Then they ask me to update profile, PRL, etc.  Then they have me do the whole ##72 whatever the rest of that number is and every now and again they have me shut the phone off so they can reset something on their side and when I turn the phone back on it reactivates or something and then seems to work for a while.

Every Sprint person I talk to says the same thing...we have never heard of this issue before.  Blah blah blah!!!  I have also been told by the tech support agents that they just received a 4G LTE handset to play with.  Seriously???  Sprint releases a phone to the general public without first training or allowing their support agents to mess with it??

Either Sprint is completely oblivious to this message board (even though they run it) or they just blatently lie to their customers in hopes that they will hold out long enough until Sprint finally fixes the numerous problems they can no longer deny they have.

GrandMaster

the ## thing they have you do on your end is basically a reset but for your reception. it pulls you off the towers..clears it...then the phone researches for a new tower..its actually more affective than the one they do from their side of things.

EVOFANAZ wrote:

Each time I have an issue I have to call tech support and listen to the same excuses over and over....problems with the towers in your area...or there is an outage in your area.  Then they ask me to update profile, PRL, etc.  Then they have me do the whole ##72 whatever the rest of that number is and every now and again they have me shut the phone off so they can reset something on their side and when I turn the phone back on it reactivates or something and then seems to work for a while.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Went to a service center again and they have agreed that my phone can not hold a signal and they will be getting me a replacement phone. Should be here on Friday so I will report back then on the new device. Couple things of note:

1) First thing they asked me was about the protection plan. I was outside of the 14 days and the last thing thing Spint should do to a customer who went as far as to preorder a defective device is to patronize me about the fact that I didn't get a protection plan.

2) Tried to charge me the 35.00 fee to look into the problem.

3) Agent told me our towers should be up and running 1st or 2nd week of July.

I live in 77077. Houston, TX. Oddly enough since taking my phone to the store it hasn't connected to 3G once. 

GrandMaster

yah im guessing my nor*cal location wont be getting LTE or anything other than some backhaul upgrades until 2013 at the soonest...did they by chance say what the actual phones warranty time is? if im thinking right all phones have a manufacturere 1yr on them.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am having data and text issues in the afternoon every day starting around 10am until I leave work around 5pm. Zip code 37214 by mcgavock pike and briley parkway. Before 10 am I can get 1.5Mb downloads after I'm lucky to get .40 kbps. Sending and receiving texts are also delayed during this time. This has been an issue since the tower was down 24he's a couple of weeksago. Makes my phone almost wireless 

Journeyman

Sorry, meant almost useless during this time and I have done all the updates and restarts already mentioned

Journeyman

That's good to know....I just wish I didn't have to do it in almost every city I go to.

Master

Yeah, rumor has it some of the LTE locations will go live in July. Again, rumor but the comment from the person you talked to sounds roughly the same. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

thats the rub though...this should only be necessary every great once in a while...main time it would need to be done is for some reason your phone locks onto a single tower and no matter how many other closer towers you come across its still stuck to that one tower...and the usual profile/PRL update just wont fix it.

also know that EVERY so often when your phone is switching from one tower to another theres always a chance that some of the info its supposed to drag along with it doesnt...so theres always a scenario for it...but its rare. in this case with the phone having issues with holding onto a tower this would only work for a short time.

Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

not directed at you...but for those that are having this issue...it also helps to post your zip codes and the closest cross street to where its mainly happening...if its all over in a town then just the zip will work..helps narrow down the problems out the gate instead of it having to be asked anyways..

Silverbell/Adams 48363.  Orion/Collins 48363.  Dutton/Squirell 48326  Just to name a few.  Tell me about those areas Sprint (Shane-M) please, or anyone else.   Same areas where my OEVO worked (barely, but still had signal as least, where I am getting none with new EVO LTE, No 3G and spotty voice, dropped calls.

Went to see my guys at the Sprint store, they used a new progam they have called "Signal Trender" I think...said I have only a few signa issues...Pffftttt. Really?? So either the program is whacked, they don't know how to interpret it, ot my phone is working perfectly and it's just my imagination, like the noise in you car that disappears when you go see your mechanic, or the pain goes away whe you go see your Doc....Lmao

GrandMaster

a few signal issues when youre in a area where you barely have reception in the first place means ALOT when youre trying to use the phone. a small drop while youre in the store and they have an airave in there wont seem like much since you probably have either maxed out bars or close to it.

warrior391 wrote:

Went to see my guys at the Sprint store, they used a new progam they have called "Signal Trender" I think...said I have only a few signa issues...Pffftttt. Really?? So either the program is whacked, they don't know how to interpret it, ot my phone is working perfectly and it's just my imagination, like the noise in you car that disappears when you go see your mechanic, or the pain goes away whe you go see your Doc....Lmao

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat