cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

Journeyman

Re: Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

Journeyman

I would like to point out that there are too many people in all different locations experiencing the connection issues with the EVO 4G LTE. Like many others, we upgraded 3 EVO 4G's to the new 4G LTE. We still live in the same house, where connection was never a problem. Now, we get between 1 and 3 (if we're lucky) bars.

I can only stare in amazement at the scripted answer for this problem that EVERYONE who has complained about it has received: take the phone to a Sprint store and have it checked. Doesn't it seem odd that there would be so many of the same complaint? Does Sprint truly believe that all of these phones have issues that are affecting the connection(s)?

Sprint has to realize that something is very wrong here. The connection issue with ANY phone is what will keep customers.... After the company has finally turned a corner in the cell phone market with great plans and better phones, I think you'd better hurry up and figure out what the problem is!

Journeyman

Thank god I found this thread! I upgraded me Evo 4G to the Evo 4G LTE instead of something else because of my love for my original Evo, and I am having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. I'm out in CO, brought my phone in for service day 11 of this 14 day return policy, was told it was fine despite the fact it NEVER gets a good signal and dies in roughly an hour no matter what I do. I am so furious. THERE IS CLEARLY SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE PHONE AND SPRINT 3G RECALL IT OR WORK TO PUT THE LTE NETWORK IN 400000x FASTER. It is completely ridiculous. I'm switching regardless of what occurs since I'm off to Wyoming in a year and good riddance. I received 0 help and was in fact lectured in store about how I was an 'irressposible consumer' for not returning it within the window and instead trying to see what the problem was by some 20 year old employee who was "in a band" and didn't believe that I could ever be as "busy as him" so I clearly would have more time to "come into the store and fix the issue". He actually told me straight to my face, "Well instead of going out to lunch with the girls once you probably should have come in here." I almost smacked him. I truly almost did.

That is what I get for paying $200 bucks for an upgrade and 15 years of loyalty. I can afford to pay for some respect and DECENT coverage. This is just plain wrong.

Journeyman

I am have just about all the issues that are being posted about with my new HTC Paperweight 4G LTE.  Sprint gets onae chance tomorrow to fix my issues or I am gone.  I expect more and seem to get less for my money as time goes by.  I like the phone but it useless if it will not function.  I was just in a major city this weekend and had to use a F*$%ing iPhone to make a call!

Journeyman

Shane_M.  

I've been also experiencing drops of 3G signal in my area (Metro Detroit area).  They have been sporatic and comming in and out.

Do you know if this could be due to the switchover to the new network and 4G LTE?

Journeyman

i am also having problems with signal strength. i get nothing in my home in mira loma, ca.

Journeyman

I'm in Killeen, also on North W.S. Young. Ft. Hood is literally in my backyard and I don't know if that has anything to do with my connection issues. It used to be much worse. I will go from the kitchen to my bathroom at home and go into roaming. I found out that you can get an Air Rave device, which is like a router, connect it to your router and it will boost your signal tremendously. The service is free, but you have to buy the device. When I spoke to Sprint the other day, they said that they were out of stock. I bought a brand new one on E-bay for $54. I'll see how it does. Coverage maps shows purple 4G-LTE on Rancier and also on Lake Road. I'm in between those 2 streets, so I'm in a bubble. I usually only get 1 bar on my new LG Optimus G phone. Occassionally it will get 2 bars. There are several coverage apps to download, including Sensorly. I work in Copperas Cove and get 5 bars. Coverage maps show only 1 Sprint tower in South Killeen off of Trimmier??? WOW-really, for a town the size of Killeen, only 1 tower?

GrandMaster

by chance does that sprint map show that said tower has been upgraded recently or has a upcoming upgrade on the way?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It doesn't say, unfortunately. The apps I downloaded are all on the Play Store.  Open Signal, Sensorly, and LTE Test

GrandMaster

gotcha..yah those wont say

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

At work today in Copperas Cove, my phone got 4G for a few minutes. WHEWHEW.  So we have to pay a $10 a month premium data charge, and I barely get 1 bar at home and only use wi-fi at work and home!

GrandMaster

which would you rather have? no 4G at all now or in the future or would you rather they keep trying to get all the towers in your area upgaded? theyre not just lighting up one tower and moving on to the next city..so its safe to say your work area currently has the work ongoing and close by. the same can be ongoing at your home area or it might be the domino affect of towers around your home being worked on and causing the other closer towers to be near capacity with people.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat