cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

Master

Re: Spoke with a Customer Service Agent Today (Signal Issues)

Best bet is to go to Community Blog List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates and talk to the users there in your area. They have been following and documenting the rollout extremely well.

Keep in mind, they are in no way affiliated with Sprint.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Cookwhiz,

Yes, tell me about it. I have several programs that map coverage. 4G/LTE MIGHT be in your city, but even so, the 4G Maps show it being cranked out only it grids, mostly along certain streets. In my town, I live on one of the MAJOR streets in town. Unfortunately, the main grid street up the street from me gets 4G, as well as a block away from me. I'm in a bubble, getting barely 1 bar.

Taking a phone into a Sprint store is absolutely futile. I've been with Sprint for 12 years, but they seem to be hiring nothing but low-informed idiots that know absolutely nothing. I had my brand new, only 6 week old LG Optimus G go out Saturday. I took it to a Sprint store and 3 technicians looked at it (one even digging in her ear with a finger, then touching my phone). They said that it was broke because I had rooted the phone and that's why it stopped working. I ROOTED it on August 31, the night I bought it. It's been working fine for 6 weeks. The reason I found out that it quit working, I uninstalled Google Play Movies, Books and Magazines. This resulted in a  "SECURITY ERROR" on boot up.

So Sprint refused to fix my phone because it was rooted. With the correct program and rom file, I was able to get it working again myself in 5 minutes. Thanks for nothing, Sprint Goons.

Having NOT been in a contract for 5 years, I figured I would keep my account anyway, so why not get a free phone just by extending my contract. Seems like they wait until they lock you into a contract to start your deplorable service.

Just my thoughts. Oh, and the image was with the new C at the end of the file that was released on 9-16. The Sprint tech told me on the phone that it was NOT Sprints fault, because it was an LG update. Like who knows where the updates originate from???? It doesn't say that on the phone. It just has an update notification. With this update, it has continually connection problems with wi-fi and phone service. I'm going to try to find the original rom that came on my phone, ending with a B.

GrandMaster

the maps show LTE has been picked up along roads because the people running the apps and picking up the signals are usually driving lol...if you start seeing signals jumping from roof top to roof top its a safe bet the signals were either picked up by a super hero or a cat burglar.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat