cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint And HTC NOT To Blame For EVO 4G LTE Delay

Journeyman

Re: Sprint And HTC NOT To Blame For EVO 4G LTE Delay

I'm much into business majors but I could sworn for the most part.
When you're a Big company(like Sprint) getting supplies(Phones) from other said companies that you're not ALWAYS aware of the internals of suppliers products inside and out.

Now when I say that I mean you know of the product, what it does, etc

But in terns of the actually internal hardware/software of what they used.....probably not.

I feel Sprint has nothing directly to do with this.

A personal example of this.

When I went to DeVry University each student in my major started off with a laptop built from HP specifically...
There was a problem...something within the laptop was missing that was needed (can't remembr what exactly but it was something about allowing certain software to work on them)

So they had to take them back to get fixed.

Now was that DeVry's fault? Not at all...They thought it had what was needed when it wasn't the case......

Possibly this is the same situation...

Journeyman

Oh, I see...  In your case, if there were no changes to your account, I doubt that you will see proration.  I was referring to new lines of service, or changes from single to shared plans.  Of course, I don't work for Sprint, so I could be wrong.  Perhaps if you point out that there was no activity on the account, while you were waiting for the phone.    I truly hope it works out for you.

haylai23 wrote:

Yea DOC,

I meant service not phone...

and I have been prorated at times and other times I have not been. I dont know how they will handle it considering I broke my phone and then waited for this one.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Looks like HTC and Motorola could be in a similar situation in Oct, 2013, due to the patented haptics vibration feedback on their touchscreens.  I wonder why other manufacturers are not named.  Don't Samsung and Apple phones do this as well?

MIKENANCH wrote:

read this.http://www.usitc.gov/secretary/fed_reg_notices/337/337_834_notice05162012sgl_1.pdf

GrandMaster

im sure they have something up their sleeves for samsung as well. LG hasnt been a heavy hitter in a long time..so it makes you wonder if theyre just going after the big dogs first to knock them down a peg or two and then going after what is next?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Since we can't seem to get any truly reliable info about our Evos, I was hoping someone could help me understand how Apple was able to secure patents for "data detectors" (i.e. patent # 5946647).  My ancient Blackberry presents an options menu (very similar to IOS) when clicking on phone #s or email addresses.  I'm not looking for responses bashing Apple or the patent system.  I am just really curious.  Was there really no prior art evidence in 1996 that would have prevented Apple from securing this patent?  Does anyone have details of how Apple got around the prior art restrictions, or were they really the first to propose this action in 1996.  It's crazy to think that almost all phones have had this technology for years.  However, due to the ruling against HTC, the context menu option may be absent from all new phones in the near future.  I realize that precedence doesn't apply in cases like this, but if the court ruled against HTC, I don't understand how they wouldn't eventually follow suit with the rest of the industry.  One thing that I am somewhat surprised about, is the lack of discussion related to the removal of this functionality from our phones.  Sure people are upset about the delay it has caused, but I'm actually upset about losing the function.  I don't think the app association setting is as good.  For example, I would like to be able to choose whether to call or text a phone # on the fly.  I don't want to choose a default setting.  Is it a dealbreaker?  No.  But I am surprised that more people aren't complaining about this.

Journeyman

Doc where you been they are freed...http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/

HTC EVO 4G LTE’s – CLEARED & SHIPPING!

While I was typing the previous post about the update call earlier, I got the notice that customs finished the other half, and this notice will hit customer care at 5PM CST Today (35 min from now):

• We are pleased to announce that our warehouse has HTC EVO 4G LTE devices to fill pre-orders.
  • We are no longer accepting pre-order cancellations.

What you need to do:

• Beginning 5/21/12 at 5:00 p.m. Central, tell customers we cannot accept pre-order cancellations.
  • Our warehouse is processing pre-orders and delivery is expected by 5/24.
  • If a customer wants to cancel their order:
    • Advise them to wait for delivery of their device.
    • Once received, they can either refuse shipment or call Order Support to process an RMA
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep...  The news hit right when I was typing that post.

tre9614 wrote:

Doc where you been they are freed...http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat