ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint And HTC NOT To Blame For EVO 4G LTE Delay

Journeyman

Re: Sprint And HTC NOT To Blame For EVO 4G LTE Delay

Apple reports they believe sipments of HTC phones are illegally breaking patent laws. Customs halt shipment. Next day Iphone 4 is marketed for $49.99. Still have questions of how they are involved? It is low down and dirty but as I see on these threads, Apple is brilliant. They have accomplished exactly what they wanted. See how many pissed off people leave Sprint and HTC and go for an outdated Crapple.

Journeyman

SPRINT AND HTC ONLY TO BLAME>>>>

I'm not even a Pre-Order victim, but I was wating for the launce tomorrow for the new phone.  But I am just as irritated as those pre launce victims.  I am currently on the phone with Sprint, still awaiting a refund to my Credit Card on the Samsung Galazy Epic S2 cuz I hated it and wanted the new HTC.  They received the phone almost a month ago and I still don't have my refund. 

Anyway, Sprint and HTC knew about the the Apple suit Long before the announcement and launce dates of the HTC EVO and HTC One X.

Sprint and HTC are nothing short of completely culpable for this disaster. Not only did they not inform customers of the impending situation, they are ignoring all the victims and pre order requests for refunds. It is Sprint's lack of information and honesty that have us upset.  Apple is doin what Apple does, as arrogant as they are, they are "protecting" their patents, as any company would do...as much BS as this is, they did it and the courts agreed to review it.  This is Apple's way of just holding up their biggest competition, but that being said, they are NOT to blame in this particular situation. This falls completely on Sprint and HTC for knowing this lawsuit was pending and had the potential of causing such misrepresentations and delays.  All the while VZW sits back lauging and selling LTE phones that actually have LTE service.

Matter of Fact, Sprint, HTC and AT&T all knew about this as far back as December..."HTC, AT&T and Sprint are all feeling the effects of Apple's import ban win against HTC last December"...

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/05/apple-itc-win-leads-to-htc-one-x-evo-4g-lte-import-holdup/

So Yea, Sprint and HTC are fully to blame.  Period

Journeyman

So It had nothing to do with Apple notifying Customs that there were "possible" patent violations(which there werent as HTC already had work around) resulting in Customs hold. Then the next day the iphone 4 is marketed at $49.99. No it had nothing to do with Apple at all. Apple pulled a fast one. And HTC and Sprint are only guilty of falling asleep behind the wheel.

Journeyman

tre9614 wrote:

So It had nothing to do with Apple notifying Customs that there were "possible" patent violations(which there werent as HTC already had work around) resulting in Customs hold. Then the next day the iphone 4 is marketed at $49.99. No it had nothing to do with Apple at all. Apple pulled a fast one. And HTC and Sprint are only guilty of falling asleep behind the wheel.

I didn't say Apple had nothing to do with the law suit and custons.  I said that they had nothing to do with the current situation,  IE: the state of affaris that the phones, Sprint,  HTC and most importantly that the customers are in.  I said as arrogant as Apple is in this...

But as you stated...they fell asleep at the wheel...you know what happens when you fal asleep at the wheel?  CRASH (and burn)    Sprint and HTC knew this was looming...Why offer pre orders and launce dates if they don't have the phones available to ship? Why not wait till they are actually avail? 

Proper Planning and Preperation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Journeyman

warrior391 wrote:

tre9614 wrote:

I didn't say Apple had nothing to do with the law suit and custons.  I said that they had nothing to do with the current situation,  IE: the state of affaris that the phones, Sprint,  HTC and most importantly that the customers are in.  I said as arrogant as Apple is in this...

But as you stated...they fell asleep at the wheel...you know what happens when you fal asleep at the wheel?  CRASH (and burn)    Sprint and HTC knew this was looming...Why offer pre orders and launce dates if they don't have the phones available to ship? Why not wait till they are actually avail? 

Proper Planning and Preperation Prevents **** Poor Performance.

I think they didnt know it was looming. If they had, then it wouldnt have been "a fast one" from Apple. They would have been ready. I do agree that Sprint is to blame that they did not notify the people who preordered. But 95% of people complaining are complaining because " I want my phone on May 18 and life is not fair if I dont get what I am promised". I think the whole debacle was handled wrong by every company involved, except for maybe Apple who accomplished exactly what they wanted to accomplish.

GrandMaster

im sure HTC knew apple was going to try and pull something. if you where in their shoes would you think for one second that they were going to get ahold of customs and shut it down right there? also if you boil it down until the phone is actually received by sprint from HTC...its still HTC's baby.. as a repair tech for industrial machinery...am i responsible for parts being held up that have yet to make it to me? nope..out of my hands...i can moan a bunch...but aside from raising my blood pressure it wont do anything for me.

if i was working on shutting a company down i would let whatever it was they were selling get to the customers...THEN go full blow on them..if it came down that they violated something then guess what...they not only get dinged for the violation but now they have to get all that stuff back..which is even MORE money forked out.

this was just a low blow attempt by apple that actually did work...short lived..but did work.

wonder if HTC can backlash on them for false accusations?

warrior391 wrote:

tre9614 wrote:

But as you stated...they fell asleep at the wheel...you know what happens when you fal asleep at the wheel?  CRASH (and burn)   Sprint and HTC knew this was looming...Why offer pre orders and launce dates if they don't have the phones available to ship? Why not wait till they are actually avail?

Proper Planning and Preperation Prevents **** Poor Performance.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Did you go to school for the English language?

GrandMaster

fifthmission18 wrote:

Did you go to school for the English language?

do you have a badge that shows youre part of the grammer police? theres enough people in here that are ticked off about the hold up on their phones...no need to add to it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Is that why you took the time to post hahaha. 

Journeyman

but you are right I shouldn't have

Journeyman

So I'm pretty sure that Apple didn't just call customs and say, Hey bro's, That new HTC Sprint EVO 4G LTE and HTC One X is coming tonite and it's violating our patents...?  Rofl.  Really?

The injunction was a law suit in Dec, and the order from the court holds untill such a time that HTC get's it reversed or dismissed.

I haven't seen a site article that said Apple pulled a "fast one"...If you have please post it.

http://betanews.com/2012/05/16/apple-patents-block-htc-one-x-and-evo-4g-lte-from-u-s-market/

This is a standard customes review that is "required" after an ITC exclusion order....HTC can say all they want about fixing the sofware so as not to infringe upon a patent. The onus is on them to prove to the court that this is true. Until such a thing happens, the injunctions and future customs holds are in place.  Both Sprint and HTC knew this.  Ok, so maybe HTC's problem, but our service and phones come directly from Sprint, not HTC.(indirectly as Sprint's supplier)

GrandMaster

warrior391 wrote:

Ok, so maybe HTC's problem, but our service and phones come directly from Sprint, not HTC.(indirectly as Sprint's supplier)

again the only thing sprint can go off of is what is told to them by HTC. how many suppliers do you deal with direct that keep you fully in the loop as THEIR customer? i deal with 7 huge companies daily for parts and what not and as large of a company as i work for...do you think im at all in the loop if a problem kicks up and im not able to receive my 2nd day air shippments? nope..

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat