cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Corporate Stores!?

Journeyman

Re: Sprint Corporate Stores!?

From my experience, never deal with a Sprint corporate store. They're shady, really they are. As said, their "pre-order" is selling a gift card and putting you on a list. That's not a corporate thing, that's a store thing.

Every time I've gone into a store I've had problems. When I added my wifes account, they told me they were "required" to add total protection to the phone, and I refused, so they "took it off" only to find out when I got the bill it was on the account.

More recently, I wanted to upgrade my wifes phone to the Galaxy Nexus, and when I talked to them I was told they had phones for new customers, but not for upgrades.

Again, Sprint Corporate stores are shady. I won't deal with them unless there is no other option.

You can bet they call the people on the list who are new customers first, and upgrades are going to be on the next batch of phones to come in, they'll just tell you they haven't come in yet.

Pre-Ordered online on 05/07, in my hands yesterday. Avoid the corporate stores. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but that's how it is. They are driven by commissions, sales of gift cards, and new accounts. Upgrades are minimal to them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they got nothing at all for the upgrades.

Also, say you decided to return the EVO, think you're going to get the full $199 back on a store pre-order? Nope, you'll get whatever was charged but the gift card will be refunded on a new gift card.

Journeyman

Just got off the phone with my store.  UPS shipment is in, no EVO's on board.  This is total bs.  Radio Shack has them, Best Buy has them, online orders have them.  Those of us that got off our ass and walked into the store to order are getting screwed over. Period. 

I am so close to taking all 3 phone on my acct and going elsewhere.  I want answeres. Not empty promises and speculation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got off the phone with my store.  UPS shipment is in, no EVO's on board.  This is total bs.  Radio Shack has them, Best Buy has them, online orders have them.  Those of us that got off our *** and walked into the store to order are getting screwed over. Period. 

I am so close to taking all 3 phone on my acct and going elsewhere.  I want answeres. Not empty promises and speculation.

It may be worth a shot to call and see if they have any for new customers. IE, call in playing dumb, that you want to switch for the new EVO. See if they have any in stock then. Hopefully they won't, but as I said, I've had them tell me the phone I wanted wasn't in stock, then I immediately called back and said I wanted to switch and miraculously the phone was in and only 1 left!

Journeyman

wow!!!! would you look at that it magic lol well once you're a new customer they can alway pull the evo out of their hats but if you want to uprgade your phone they say it no such thing as magic it'll be miracle to get it then

Journeyman

Man you are so right.  I have had some shady deals in the Corporate Stores.  Some worked in my favor.  Some I didn't do.  Since the pre order went on sale at 9:00am in my time zone I had to go to work and couldn't pre order online right away, so fearing they would sell out like the Nexus I stopped by the sprint store on the way home thinking that was the fastest way to go.  The sales guy convinced me by saying "Well you have to come in and switch over your contacts anyway." and then Apple had to muck up the works and get us all frustrated.  Well I'm glad for the people who got theirs, I just want mine.  ISN says corporate stores are getting thier shippment today or tomorrow, but he didn't say what state that was. I'm in PA.  By the way I just called BB in my area, the Lehigh Valley, and they didn't have any EVOs. I figure if I can get it quicker some place else I will use the $50 gift card for a case. 

Journeyman

kinolau wrote:

Some positive input from one of the Sprint stores as of minutes ago. They are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that they WILL NOT receive any LTE’s today, even though UPS won’t show until later today.

Good Job Sprint!!!

LATE EDIT: I was just told by another store, that they got the word that they’ll have phones available NEXT FRIDAY! (June 1st) Ha Ha Haaa… NICE!!!  Good Job Sprint! You couldn't have screwed over as many customers AND store employees at one time if your business depended on it!

It's total BS. Everybody was in the same boat when the phones got held up. Sprint had a launch date of May 18th out there to the public. I'm going to say that 95% that have been following this forum for the past several weeks pre-ordered or were lead to believe they pre-ordered the LTE. So now, Sprint Corporate makes the decision to send out phones (with an added cheepo case), to some (many of whom  paid less) people that pre-ordered phones and sticks it to the ones that went into their stores thinking it was the best route to go. I even have an order number! If the store reps had told us that "you're really not pre-ordering the phone, but you can do that across or down the street at Best Buy, Radio Shack...etc...or call the online department"...then alot of people would have gone right ahead and done that.

I've been supportive of Sprint through this ordeal right up until today, when I was told that the stores won't see phones until next week, and won't be available to purchase until Friday the 1st of June. So basically Sprint's flipping us off after many of us being customers for years. I'd like to tell the upper echelon at Sprint to go screw themselves!

Journeyman

I just got off the phone again with Sprint Store and I won't mention the sales guy's name (Ryan) but he tried to give me the excuse that Apple was in litigation with HTC and they don't know...  I said hold it right there that's old news, you have to get on twitter or some blogs, people are already getting thier phones.  He said "Really".  I said "Hey man, there are pictures and every thing to prove it and ISN said corporate was shipping to stores today or tomorrow"  He's like "Ok, well we don't have them yet."  It would be nice if Sprint could communicate with their own stores, maybe an email or a text, I know they have the technology.  I wonder if the Sprint Stores are just franchises? 

Journeyman

I wonder if the Sprint Stores are just franchises? 

I believe franchises are treated better. Here's the deal though. Regardless of when a store receives the phones...they need to be put in their system FOR SALE by Sprint Headquarters. They couldn't hand you a phone if their lives depended on it if they haven't been given the OK by HQ. Sprint's fullfilled they're obligation to the folks that paid in full, and were told they'd see the phone before everybody else. They HAD TO. But now that the necessary phones have been delivered, and there's no way for anybody to get one from one of the other retailers that have received their pre-order quota...they've got the rest of us by the short hairs until they officially launch. They're A-holes for doing it...but there's no way around it anymore. I can only wish the decision makers at Sprint, a terrible rash in a place they can't reach.

Journeyman

Anyone on the East Coast, where the corporate stores are open now, have any luck  getting your pre-order?  I'm in Seattle, and I've checked 3 or 4 local radio shacks and am waiting for Best Buy to open and see if they have any available.  I'm hoping against hope that my sprint store gets a delivery this morning, but things are looking slim...

Journeyman

"But now that the necessary phones have been delivered, and there's no way for anybody to get one from one of the other retailers that have received their pre-order quota...they've got the rest of us by the short hairs until they officially launch. They're A-holes for doing it...but there's no way around it anymore. I can only wish the decision makers at Sprint, a terrible rash in a place they can't reach. "

This pretty much somes it up. Everybody's in a hold pattern until June 1st now...I believe. Best way to deal with it is probably avoid the forums until then, so that you're not subjet to the "look what I have that you don't..." curse

Journeyman

July 5 now???

uhmmm....any possibility this is real?

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/426610#426610

Journeyman

I think that July date is specific to Amazon Wireless, not the Sprint stores.  It had better be, at least, because I will FREAK OUT if I don't get my phone by Friday of this week.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat