cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint not honoring $150 upgrade for HTC Evo 4G LTE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint not honoring $150 upgrade for HTC Evo 4G LTE?

So I went to set up my preorder for the HTC Evo 4G LTE. Before I signed in, the site showed $549, minus $350 instant saving for a 2-yr contract, for a total price of $199. When I signed in, it showed $549, minus $150 "discount" minus $200 instant savings, ending up at the same $199 price. So much for an upgrade discount. Is this just because it's a preorder, or is Sprint ripping off its long-time customers?

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: Sprint not honoring $150 upgrade for HTC Evo 4G LTE?

When eligible for the full discount($150) you get $150 off OR new customer pricing.

Journeyman

That's how it's always been, Sprint has never taken your upgrade amount ($75-$150) off on top of the new 2 year contract price.

Journeyman

Don't feel bad there. Went to order my phone, they no longer allow you to charge to the account. I have been with sprint since 2003 and just found out they won't let you do this anymore. When I called and asked they could have cared less. Now I think I will look to other providers since the one benefit I liked the most is gone, now I don't see any reason not to look elsewhere.  Nothing left to keep me exclusive too sprint. Soo disappointed.

Journeyman

That was your reason for staying with Sprint? Charging to your account? I don't blame them. Lots of people up and decide they are not going to pay their bill anymore. So the people that do that walk off with a brand new device without paying for it and then sell it on craigslist or ebay. So go ahead, be disappointed and switch carriers, the grass will not be any greener on the other side. Especially when it comes to your wallet.

Journeyman

Before you comment, make sure it's a good reason. It was an option that was important to me to be able to get a needed accessory our in this case a new phone. I have other reasons to look at other providers but having this option was a perk that was important to ner. So if it wasn't for you, great. Glad to know it. We all have our different reasons why we stay with someone or not.

Journeyman

You can't charge the device, but they allow charging (some?) accesories. I asked that question at the store after being told the same thing you were over the phone.

Journeyman

I don't need a good reason to comment buddy. It's called freedom of speech. [....]And my point still stands. And like kinoalu said in response to your comment, you are still able to charge accessories to your account, but not the device itself.

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

I was givin the option to charge to my account this morning after being told it was not an option.  I then confirmed my preorder after charging to my account.

Journeyman

Glad you were able to do what I was told no over and over. Good fortune shines your way for sure.

Journeyman

ditto

moramajama, I apologize for any fustration this is causing you. The $150 is off the MRC not the new customer pricing. On top of the $150 you get any additional mail in or instant rebates. So you are still getting the discount and I apologize if it was not what you initially thought.

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/specialoffers/RebateWelcome.do if you click on that link and read the offer details at the bottom of the screen it may clear up some confusion

Message was edited by: lilgeekygirl

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat