ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid place for power plug? or not?

Journeyman

Stupid place for power plug? or not?

One of the first things I noticed was that you cannot have the power plugged in AND watch the phone with the kickstand.The position of the USB power plug appears to be set for a dock which I'll probably never have. Compromise? Or someone's engineering mistake?

DSC_0824.JPG

15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: Stupid place for power plug? or not?

The kickstand works in both directions.

Journeyman

aye, flip it over, kickstand is 2 way.

Journeyman

Yes, that is a solution. I didn't like losing some of the upright angle doing that.

Journeyman

Aye, I agree there. However I would tend to think they moved it to the top for a better grip on the phone with landscape gaming. (just a guess) /sarcasm  I'm sure we'll hear soon how the Samsung Galaxy S3 will do it faster, better, and all that. /endsarcasm

Master

Actually, three way. Works in portrait mode as well.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Turn it over...

Journeyman

smotrs, are you trying to stand up the Evo 4G LTE in portrait mode? That is not suitable nor any kind of solution. I finally got it to prop up on a perfectly level hard surface with no table movement or slight breeze. Otherwise it falls over.

Like kmoore said, the S3 will do it faster and better (according to the Samsung cultists). The S3 will most likely have a force-field stand on the back that requires no physical leg. It will just stand there.

Journeyman

That looks pretty messed up

Journeyman

You can stand it on the end but you charge it with the plug on the top not on the bottom,that's a good way to complain about the plug being broke and not charging like the og evo!

Journeyman

CAN'T watch a movie up right

Master

Strange, mine balances quite nicely in portrait mode, even with the cord plugged in. I have also tried it with a case on mine as well.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat