cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO ALL HTC EVO 4G LTE owners...REVIEWS!!!

Journeyman

TO ALL HTC EVO 4G LTE owners...REVIEWS!!!

So to all of you lucky people that were smart enough to pre-order the HTC EVO 4G LTE and now have it, It should be about a week since you've all had the phone, how do you like it?? Please don't be biased and SHARE SHARE SHARE!! What are the pros and cons of the phone? What problems (if any) have you had with the phone? What features are you crazy about? Please tell all!

143 REPLIES 143
Journeyman

Re: TO ALL HTC EVO 4G LTE owners...REVIEWS!!!

I was excited at 1st to be getting the EVO 4G LTE but after 4 days of using it, its going back! The phone is missing the functionality of my EVO 3D. I live in a strong 4G area but the new LTE will not pickup the signal and the phone doesn't have the funtion to be able to manually switch to 4G from 3G. It appears to be either a 3G of 4G LTE ONLY NOT a 4G phone. I use it as a Hotspot in my home and it simply doesn't work. Spent a hour with Sprint Tech Support a few nights ago and they couldn't figure out the phone either.

So my dissapointment is major! Going back to the store this morning and switching back to the EVO 3D so I can operate in a 4G network. The 4G LTE is way premature!

Journeyman

My impressions, a thin and lightweight device, I do like the aluminum band around the phone. The screen is absolutely beautiful, colors and pictures just pop out at you.

Battery life- very much improved over the original EVO, unplugged it yesterday at 7 AM with 100%, I left work at 4 PM at 88% with moderate use (taking photos, texts and e-mails). Now if you're a heavy user you'll most likely have to charge it once. The camera- the pictures look really nice and sharp on a sunny day, although lowlight is a different story I'll just tweak the camera settings to get the right picture. Beats audio- I know some people say it's a gimmick but it does make the music sound better in my opinion. Call quality very good, can hear the person on the other line very well. Haven't had any major glitches so far but it's only been a week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I suggest you do a minimal amount of research before purchasing your next phone, it has always been clear that the Evo LTE would not work with Sprint's Wimax 4G technology, which is being replaced by the new LTE network.

Journeyman

luvmyevo wrote:

I suggest you do a minimal amount of research before purchasing your next phone, it has always been clear that the Evo LTE would not work with Sprint's Wimax 4G technology, which is being replaced by the new LTE network.

It hasnt been clear for everyone, including some Sprint reps. 

I read a post the otherday where the OP posted 3 different chat sessions where the OP asked if the phone works on 4G wimax and the reps assured them that they did.  I need to find that post.  It was pretty amusing.  Some reps are just straight clueless when it comes to their job and Sprint products.  But when you pay your employees as much as McDonalds what do you expect?

Journeyman

First the 4G sprint offers is WIMAX not LTE yet so you will not get 4G speeds until it's set up.

I too had trouble with the hotspot at first but after clearing my devices and starting from scratch I was able to get my ipad connected and running great. The 3G speeds are better than I thought with download speeds up to 250 kB/s and uploads around 120 kB/s (speedtest.net)

So if you want your 4G back just swap it back to your old phone and hang on to the EVO LTE because you won't be disappointed when LTE becomes available later this year. This phone is the one of the best yet and when Sprint catches up to the Galaxy III it'll be even beter.

Journeyman

I LOVE MY PHONE, I LOVE MY PHONE , I LOVE MY PHONE

PRO'S

1. IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE
  2. SCREEN SIZE AND RESOLUTION
  3. BEATS AUDIO SOUNDS SUPERB
  4. THIN, LIGHT WEIGHT
  5. EASIER AND FASTER NAVAGATION
  6. ICE CREAM SANDWICH

CON'S

1. THE BEZEL AROUND THE CAMERA(should have kept the same texture as the rest of the back)
  2. (not the phones fault)NO LTE SERVICE YET.

ALL IN ALL A STEP UP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I DON'T MIND THE BATTERY ISSUE FOR MY USE I STILL HAVE BETTER THAN 50% BY THE TIME I GET IN MY CAR TO GO HOME. SO FOR 1 WEEK OF OWNING THE BEST ANDRIOD PHONE ON THE MARKET I WOULD SAY I'M VERY PLEASED AND CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LTE TO BE SET UP IN NYC.

DSCN3999.JPG

Journeyman

Just-Yankees wrote:

First the 4G sprint offers is WIMAX not LTE yet so you will not get 4G speeds until it's set up.

I too had trouble with the hotspot at first but after clearing my devices and starting from scratch I was able to get my ipad connected and running great. The 3G speeds are better than I thought with download speeds up to 250 kB/s and uploads around 120 kB/s (speedtest.net)

So if you want your 4G back just swap it back to your old phone and hang on to the EVO LTE because you won't be disappointed when LTE becomes available later this year. This phone is the one of the best yet and when Sprint catches up to the Galaxy III it'll be even beter.

What hotspot are you refering to?  You talking about the 2GB for $30 mobile hotspot option?

250Kbps is better than you thought?  250kbps is well below advertised speeds and borderline usable.

Also LTE will become available later this year for some markets.  It just depends on your area as to when you get LTE.  For some people it will be almost 2 years and they might never get LTE as SPrint is not rolling out LTE everywhere they currently have 3G.

Journeyman

DSCN4013.JPG

THAT'S 257.2kB/s or 2058kbps or 2.01Mbps and that's on the phone WiFi is a little better. When I use my phone as a hot spot for my iPad this is what I've been getting.

Journeyman

Well in that case 2058kbps is above the advertised 600-1400kbps speeds.  Congrats.  Wish I had those speeds with the Sprint 3G. 

Journeyman

I did more than minimual research! I life in what Sprint advertised a 4G LTE Zone. I have been waiting for months for an even faster connection speed and what I got was a sales pitch and a dose of 3G. Funny Verizon was able to launch its LTE service so why can't Sprint? Further more why couldn't they develope a phone with both 4G Wimax and 4G LTE. In the years prior it was called tri-band. To top it off Sprint now wants to charge me a $35 activation fee on a service they knew didn't exist.

Master

I agree, if those are 3G speeds, that's awesome. I think last time I checked I was in the 1200-1300 range. Where are you located? Maybe your 3G towers have already been upgraded.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat