cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO ALL HTC EVO 4G LTE owners...REVIEWS!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

TO ALL HTC EVO 4G LTE owners...REVIEWS!!!

So to all of you lucky people that were smart enough to pre-order the HTC EVO 4G LTE and now have it, It should be about a week since you've all had the phone, how do you like it?? Please don't be biased and SHARE SHARE SHARE!! What are the pros and cons of the phone? What problems (if any) have you had with the phone? What features are you crazy about? Please tell all!

143 REPLIES 143
Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife & me just got the EVO 4G LTEs this morning and we both LOVE it. The display is awesome. The music is crisp. Pretty cool phone. Ofcourse we upgraded from the ancient HTC HERO phones, so anything new at this time will be better..:) I connected it to my laptop and let it charge while I played around with the phone a bit..I wanted to watch a video on the phone and pulled the kickstand out and guess what - you cannot use it with the charger connected. The kickstand hinge is on the opposite side of the micro usb port. It would have been convenient if they were on the same side. That way, when you rest the phone on a desk on its kickstand (ofcourse in a landscape mode) the micro usb port is not on the bottom edge that rests on the desk.

I downloaded the sprint / telenav app because I think it is the best GPS app. If anyone knows of a better app, I would like to try it.

As I play around with this phone, I will post more...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm enjoying this phone a lot. Just a quick question. After a full charge and decent usage, I'm at 75% with just under 2 hours off the charge. Does this seem right? Everybody else seems to have exceptional battery from what I'm hearing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RBatista316 wrote:

I'm enjoying this phone a lot. Just a quick question. After a full charge and decent usage, I'm at 75% with just under 2 hours off the charge. Does this seem right? Everybody else seems to have exceptional battery from what I'm hearing.

What you are experiencing is the truth.  The battery life on this phone is no better than the original EVO with a brand new battery.  The people here spouting off about 13 hrs of battery life with over 50% left are either liars, paid trolls by HTC or Sprint, or are using their phone as a paper weight and staring at it from a distance all day.  It makes me sick that people like that even exist.  The phone doesn't last 13 hours unless all you do is text and check email a few times.  I got no more than 7 hours of it using email, making 3 hours of phone calls, sending 5 texts, and surfing the internet for about 45 minutes on wifi.  And that is after I turned off bluetooth, GPS, LTE, display brightness/timeout, and every other tweak there is. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

For the 3rd time, the display is worthless.  Anybody who thinks otherwise, better go to get their eyes checked.  Let me know what zip code you're in and I'll reccommend an opthamologist for you. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

SriSprint301 wrote:

My wife & me just got the EVO 4G LTEs this morning and we both LOVE it. The display is awesome. The music is crisp. Pretty cool phone. Ofcourse we upgraded from the ancient HTC HERO phones, so anything new at this time will be better..:) I connected it to my laptop and let it charge while I played around with the phone a bit..I wanted to watch a video on the phone and pulled the kickstand out and guess what - you cannot use it with the charger connected. The kickstand hinge is on the opposite side of the micro usb port. It would have been convenient if they were on the same side. That way, when you rest the phone on a desk on its kickstand (ofcourse in a landscape mode) the micro usb port is not on the bottom edge that rests on the desk.

I downloaded the sprint / telenav app because I think it is the best GPS app. If anyone knows of a better app, I would like to try it.

As I play around with this phone, I will post more...

All you have to do is turn the phone over 180 degrees and you can use it with the USB cable plugged in and the phone is at almost the exact same angle it was at on it's other side.

Highlighted
Journeyman

BTW, the best GPS app is Navigation from Google.  It's the upside down Blue arrow titled "navigation" in the play store.  Here's the logo:

navigation48.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

one week update..... the love continues.

After my first week of using the phone in real world experience, inclusive of work days, there's been nothing to make me think twice about this bad boy. The one "issue" I did have and it took me a few days to figure out was no audio confirmation of emails. this turned out to be a setting in the mail client itself (upper right corner > more > settings > notification setting). Seemed odd the default was no sound but whatever.

battery life: the first few days were weekend and a holiday so I wasn't talking a lot on the phone but I was obviously playing with the bells and whistles as I learned what's where. The first two charge cyles carried me close to 2.5 days each. When I got into a regular work day with normal talk time and the bluetooth turned on I got 1.5 days out of it. Not bad in my book.

As someone up above said it's hard to believe some of us are talking about the same phone sometimes.

I can tell you the phone's caught the eye of some of my more geeky co-workers. One boy, who runs a 4s, loved the screen and made noise that maybe it was time for him to switch. He did say that the android system had come a long way since he last played with it and he had a tough time letting go of the phone. In general folks were awed by what they saw.

I'm going to stick with my 4.5 out of 5 rating that I posted here after a few days using the LTEvo.

Highlighted
Journeyman

mrwho13 wrote:

The people here spouting off about 13 hrs of battery life with over 50% left are either liars, paid trolls by HTC or Sprint, or are using their phone as a paper weight and staring at it from a distance all day.  It makes me sick that people like that even exist. 

you should try the decaf, mrwho13.

for the record, I don't fit in any of your catagories and my worst run on my battery was 1.5 days (1 day / 18 hours really). My best was 2.5 days, but that was with very lite phone use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Somebody help..haha . Just restarted the phone I'm at 66 % with 2hours20 minutes off charge . The screen is taking up 83% the phone is brand new. I let it charge for about 3 hours until it was full. Could it be a bad phone or did I screw up somehow? LTE is also unchecked.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Right now its 60% 2h30m

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well initially, my first one was dud. In less than two hours, it started scrolling in small letters to the right side of the screen of my phone. Well, I went back and got another right away and I love the response of the phone, the clarity, and speed even though the 4G isn't working yet. I like the camera, the picture is so clear and sharp. I'm still learning how to use the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My experience is that the battery on this phone is tremedously better than my OG EVO.  This pic was from last Sunday morning, my first full day with the phone.  I was doing plenty with it - web browsing, taking pics, navigation, facebooking, etc...

IMAG0523-20120527-084616.jpg

This phone has improved upon all the short-comings (if you can even really call them that) of my OG EVO.  Better camera, better battery life, lighter, thinner, better screen, greater storage, etc.  Hell, even the kickstand is better.  The only thing I am concerned with at this point is the occasionally, when backing out of FB, I get a "loading" icon.  This was something that my OG EVO started doing late in its life.  It doesn't last as long, but that fact that it does it now is a little unnerving.  Otherwise, great phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat