cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO ALL HTC EVO 4G LTE owners...REVIEWS!!!

Journeyman

Re: TO ALL HTC EVO 4G LTE owners...REVIEWS!!!

I know that you might think that I am saying that this is the problem solver that is not what I am implying,  but that was my decision not to return the phone because I know that its going to be corrected and I love my phone so what if I could only use it outside to make calls and texting I could also take videos and pictures, I respect your decision to return your phone so be it if that's  what you wanted to do,  but dont make it seen like using a wifi is such a big deal until the towers are turn on many of us are using wifi and it works for us. But lets not knock the phone for something that is a network issue ever since the phone was held prisoner at customs all I hear is bad things give it a break.  I am positive that when all this blows over this phone is going to run miles around all the others. The phone is awesome lets not throw the baby out with the wash water.. LOL!!!

Journeyman

Well I've had my phone for a couple of days now and have to say what a great buy.  I don't understand the complaints I've read about from a select few.  Apparently the phone should shoot pics with the clarity and color balance of an SLR...didn't realize that.  Battery life has been SUPERB!  I am a generally heavy user, and where I was always under 10% at the end of the day on my old EVO (like 5pm) I am now between 25-30% going to bed...it's fantastic.  My 3G speeds were just as pedestrian as my old EVO, but turning CDMA only on has increased the speed a bit (0.50 mpbs to around 0.80-0.90 mbps) not stellar obviously but usable.  I have noticed that pictures and web pages seem to load faster regardless thanks to the speedier processor and greater ram.  Overall I'm very pleased with the device.  The screen is amazing, clear and bright.  Phone feels fantastic in the hand and looks awesome.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, just wow! This phone is phenomenal! I'm coming from an original epic 4g and the HTC blows it away. First off the battery is incredible. Yesterday I had 15 hours on it with 19% left. The screen was on for a little over 3 hours. That was all 3g signal (no WiFi). Sense works really well also. The phone multitask well too. No lag when switching from app to app or screen to screen. The only problem I've had to date, is yesterday the browser was really slow. Fb was would take over a minute to load. I did a power cycle and updated my profile and prl and that fixed it. The 3g is blazing fast (im in Atlanta). I watched an 8 minute video earlier and it didn't buffer during the video 1 time. If I have time I will to the speed test and post a screen shot. It's honestly the best phone I've ever used.

GrandMaster

oddly enough your 4G data stream is showing. if this is the actual case thats horrible speeds lol...which doesnt make alot fo sense

diamondSranch wrote:

And this one.

Screenshot_2012-06-02-18-52-53.png

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

not  a single comment from mrwho13 about people lying about their battery life sence you posted this pic...weird

Waddsworth wrote:

My experience is that the battery on this phone is tremedously better than my OG EVO.  This pic was from last Sunday morning, my first full day with the phone.  I was doing plenty with it - web browsing, taking pics, navigation, facebooking, etc...

IMAG0523-20120527-084616.jpg

This phone has improved upon all the short-comings (if you can even really call them that) of my OG EVO.  Better camera, better battery life, lighter, thinner, better screen, greater storage, etc.  ****, even the kickstand is better.  The only thing I am concerned with at this point is the occasionally, when backing out of FB, I get a "loading" icon.  This was something that my OG EVO started doing late in its life.  It doesn't last as long, but that fact that it does it now is a little unnerving.  Otherwise, great phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I noticed that as well.

GrandMaster

good thing you have mad photoshop skills/work for sprint/ are a HTC troll.....i really cant remember what all else he was calling people lol..2 screen shots put that one to rest. by the by...how much were you on wifi? was that all on 3G?

Journeyman

diamondSranch wrote:

I'm so very lucky to have really good Sprint service where I live.  This is my screen shot of my speeds today.  So I'm VERY happy with my EVO LTE speeds.

Screenshot_2012-06-02-18-47-56.png

I'm pretty certain these speeds aren't even possible on Sprint's 3G network...and they look too slow for the LTE network...what's going on with this post?  I don't mean to doubt you, but I just don't get it...lol

Journeyman

Well I don't get it either, but those are my actual screen shots (I love that about this phone),  I first noticed it on my way to the town closest to me (Marlin, TX) and was shocked.  It's only on one tower and that tower is just on the very edge of where I live.  Because of that inside my house sometimes I don't get that 4G signal (and yes I don't understand that at all since Im not even in the 4g LTE market upcoming).  And I get the 3G, which is still good about 2mb down but only 700kb up.  I don't know if they are practicing something with that tower or what???    I live in the middle of nowhere on a large ranch.  Maybe they are doing some Roswell stuff out here, LOL!!!!!

Journeyman

See my post I just put up.  I"m totally on 3G.   I don't get on wifi (it's slower than my phone's 3G, it is like hughesnet,slow slow. I live in the middle of NOWHERE.    I had it on LTE/CDMA before I really knew to take it off when it starts going in and out.  Went to town, saw it having a 4G signal showing up and was like What's that!!.   Got home and still barely had it.  It comes in most of the time at night, but during the day I can't get it when I'm inside my house, only 3g.   I don't know what to tell you, I know it's weird, but  it's the truth.  I can take more screen shots if you want???    Whatever it is, Area 51, cellphone gods, whatever,   I'll take it. 

Journeyman

I believe ya...just don't get it lol. 

Journeyman

@dwilliams8880, how in the blue hell did you get those speeds on your EVO LTE? In NYC, where I have my phone, I ran three tests, and the speeds were poor on 3G. Download 22.3 KB/S, Upload 20.9 KB/S, Ping 1391MS. The second test was Download 1.8 KB/S, Upload 18.8 KB/S and Ping 1301 MS. Did I get a lemon?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat