cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages stopped working.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Text messages stopped working.

Ive updated PRL and profile, turning off the LTE radio is not a "fix" when it removes the ability to use data over voice, kinda defeats the purpose of having that option - but no that didnt help. I dont have an Airave either. CSR checked the towers says they look fine. Phone worked fine for almost a week.

Master

Traceamount420 wrote:

Ive updated PRL and profile, turning off the LTE radio is not a "fix" when it removes the ability to use data over voice, kinda defeats the purpose of having that option - but no that didnt help. I dont have an Airave either. CSR checked the towers says they look fine. Phone worked fine for almost a week.

Currently there is no live LTE network for your phone to connect to. It is still being rolled out, and is not active yet. Disabling LTE is recommended until it available in your area, otherwise your phone will be attempting to find an LTE signal and likely have worse battery life due to this.

Journeyman

I never said there WAS LTE for my phone to connect to. I said that turning off the LTE antenna, no longer allows you to use data on 3g over voice. Because in that scenario - without WiFi, it uses the LTE Antenna....  Heres some more info, theres threads over on XDA go into more detail. Feel free to google

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-159-htc-evo-4g-lte-tech-details-revealed-in-fcc-oet-filing/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Tom,

After unplugging Airwave and letting it set about an hour, plugging it back in and letting it re-boot itself, my messages now work great!

Smotrs@, I had already updated the PRL and profile and have the LTE turned off. I wasn't roaming and had full signal with the Airwave. But thank you.

Tom, the only other issue that I have is the color issue with the camera but is it off and on. It shows some pictures in the crazy pink or orange colors but not in others. Also does that with some pictures taken with my OG Evo that are fine on my OG Evo and my pc but again not all. Battery life is at 44% after 11h 37m with 47% going to the screen and I have adjusted the screen settings, I have 1 hr 41 m of time on with the screen, not sure how to make battery life better.

I'm hoping that there will be a patch or update that will fix the camera issue and maybe improve battery life. Overall I love this Evo as much as my OG Evo!

Thanks Again, Kris

Master

Strange. I have had the LTE turned off since day one and have made multiple calls and used Google Maps to give the person I was talking to directions. Guess it depends on the area your in.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

BTW, here's a more current link and discussion,

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/svd-simultaneous-voice-data-on-lte-phones/

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat