cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third-Party Orders

Highlighted
Journeyman

Third-Party Orders

I know many of us placed our orders via a 3rd Party like Amazon, Best Buy, Target Mobile, and Wirefly. For those of us hoping to get our hands on this phone, figured here might be a good spot to post what we hear about it. I leave town for vacation in San Juan on Saturday. Very much hoping I can take my new toy with me...

My Target mobile guy is convinced I'll have it on the 24th or 25th, but I don't know.

83 REPLIES 83
Highlighted
Journeyman

Neo says Sprint should be announcing the process for 3rd party vendors, and an official launch date this morning. Fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ISN just told me via Twitter that he should have third-party delivery info, as well as the official launch date this afternoon "at the latest."

My Target Mobile guy has zero clue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hopefully everyone can find something out soon enough.  Sprint is trying it's best to get the phones out to those who preordered from them by the 24th, which makes me believe the national launch will be after the 24th, but who knows anymore.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Best Buy knows jack...

Highlighted
Journeyman

A commenter on the ISN blog said he talked to a Sprint rep, who told him that 3rd party deliveries will be delayed 4-6 weeks. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me, as the ISN guy himself said nothing has been announced at corporate. If it IS true, that'll piss me off. I was first in line to give Target Mobile my money on 5/7.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think they even know Jack..

Highlighted
Journeyman

You also have to remember 2 days ago we were told everyone was looking at possibly a July date for release.  Sprint is not going to take care of just their preorders and leave 3rd party vendors high and dry, like another member posted it's a holiday weekend, which means more potential customers out and about this weekend.  Anyone who ordered outside of Sprint should wait until at least the 24th, before they check into anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Let's hope we don't get left high and dry.  I just spoke with Amazon Wireless (where I purchased my Evo LTE) and they don't know anything.  In fact, after our phone call they sent me an email saying:

"I'm sorry about the delay with your order.

We appreciate your business and thank you for your patience as we work to deliver this order to you. Our records indicate that your order is currently authorized and waiting on inventory.

As we discussed, there is rumor that the phones have been released from customs. While I know you are excited to receive your new phone, we at AmazonWireless have not been given updated information as to if and when the phones will be released and shipped.

Normally, with issues affecting so many customers, the business team will put together a release statement and all the affected customers will be notified accordingly. It's probably because they just want to make sure the information is accurate and also see how many phones they immediately have on hand.

Once we receive updated information, we will contact you through email. This may be in the form of an email with an update or an email letting you know your order has shipped.

I do apologize for this delay. I think the whole customs delay was truly unexpected.

I thank you for your time and patience. My hope is that this is resolved swiftly and you'll hear some good news soon."

RUMOR?  No, sorry Amazon Wireless, this is not a "rumor".  So, the delivery date on my preorder still says July 5th and of course Sprint has nothing to offer on 3rd party sales so as of now there seems to be no information for us non Sprint site ordering folks. <sigh>

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, my Target Mobile guy asks me what I've heard, when it should be the other way around. He didn't even know it made it through customs until I told him. No matter who I purchased through, I'm still a Sprint customer, and I was waiting for Target Mobile to open on the 7th to pre-order. Hope that counts for something in the shipping process.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is all bollocks I tell ya bollocks hahaha.

I have given up being upset and worried now. I have been without a phone since April 28th now haha. Can't beat um might as well find humor in all this mess hahaha.

AHhhhhh Sprint and BB and Amazon and Target and HTC and Apple haha. I also had to tell my Sprint rep and BB guy all the up to date info on this phone as well. BB didnt even know the phone cleared customs as of 8 PM CDT last night when infact the phone had over the weekend haha or early Monday AM. Hahahah gotta love this, I tell ya, gotta love this!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just did some investigating, and got in touch with the werehouse that Target Mobile uses. They show Evo orders as "in process", but she wasn't 100% sure what that meant. She's making some calls, and said she'd call me back to let me know. I'll post it here if it's helpful in any way.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat