Journeyman

Re: Third-Party Orders

Cool!!!

Journeyman

But I am still BB hahah

Journeyman

Spoke with a Target Mobile "Customer Service Manager" who told me he didn't realize there were any delays, but that based on my information, he assumes it'll be middle of next week until we see our pre-ordered phones through Target Mobile...who also uses the same distributor as Wirefly.

I hope his ignorance proves wrong, and that we still get our phones this week.

Not happy. Should have gone through Sprint.com.

Journeyman

That's the way it's looking for most 3rd party vendors at this time.  At least it isnt July like mentioned earlier lol.  Until we even get a "National Launch" date everything will be in the dark, other then the Sprint.com preorders, which are supposedly being shipped and expected by the 24th. 

Journeyman

Re: Sam's Club Mobile orders

This morning I was told via phone and per "scripted" dialogue that they're still thinking 2-3 weeks.  Shortly after noon, I received the following e-mail:

Dear XXXX, Thank you for ordering from Sam's Club Mobile. Great News! We learned overnight that US officials finally cleared the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE shipment and they will soon be on their way to Sprint and, of course, us.  We do not have a definitive delivery date yet, but we’ve done this many times before and we can assure you that the phones will literally spend about 1 hour in our distribution facility before we ship them out the door.  To be fair to all of our customers, we are shipping the phones in the order in which the purchases were made. We will send you an e-mail as soon as your device is ready to ship. If you wish to make any modifications to your order, now would be a good time to do so because when the phones arrive, we’ll be heads-down working to get them out the door ASAP. We are glad that Sprint, HTC, and the US Government were able to come to agreement because this is one incredible device and from everything we’ve heard, worth the wait. Thanks again for shopping with us. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely, You Friends at Sam's Club Mobile

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL Sam's Club must use Simplexity because that is verbatim, expect replace Sam's Club with Wirefly, the same email that Wirefly is sending out.  I do not think third party retailers are allow to ship until Sprint gives a launch date.   Which is pure garbage.  When is Sprint going to announce a new launch date.

Journeyman

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it is Simplexity!  I've been following these "delayed-launch" threads pretty much from the beginning, and never saw another post from a Sam's Club Mobile user.  I was beginning to really feel isolated!!!

Journeyman

I'm officially not holding out much hope that we will see our 3rd party pre-orders this week. Haven't heard anything, and you think Sprint would want them out and in stores for the 3-day holiday weekend. But if they don't announce a realease date of the 25th or 26th tomorrow, I think we're probably looking at next Friday. REALLY hope I'm wrong.

Journeyman

Fingers crossed for some good news today. ISN says he thinks pre-orders will get here "sooner than we think." Hope that means Friday or Saturday.

Journeyman

Received another little tidbit from Sprint yesterday.  Obviously they have nothing to do with the 3rd party preorders but they actually informed me that if you did not preorder your phone directly from Sprint online then you are not considered a preorder.  SAY WHAT????  I informed them that mine was most definitely a preorder, um duh, BEFORE the release date IS a preorder and that I received a much better deal from Amazon Wireless.  So, whether we fall in line with the customers preordering from Sprint is yet to be seen.  If that rep was correct then no one who preordered outside of Sprint will receive their phones this week, next week or who knows how long we'll have to wait.  Anyone else have any other information?

Journeyman

My Sprint store yesterday said that, while she doesn't know for sure, she is under the impression that 3rd party pre-orders will go out in this shipment, and will be available for the launch date...whenever they decide that will be. Hoping she's right...

Master

Keep in mind, the first thing we have to wait for is the Official Launch, without an Official Launch, none of the 3rd party retailers will sell the device. The Official Launch won't happen until the Sprint-Pre-orders are delivered. After all, they are paying the full $199 for their phones, they are entitled to get the phone a day or two earlier then the rest of us who go the phones for $149.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat