cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third-Party Orders

Highlighted
Journeyman

Third-Party Orders

I know many of us placed our orders via a 3rd Party like Amazon, Best Buy, Target Mobile, and Wirefly. For those of us hoping to get our hands on this phone, figured here might be a good spot to post what we hear about it. I leave town for vacation in San Juan on Saturday. Very much hoping I can take my new toy with me...

My Target mobile guy is convinced I'll have it on the 24th or 25th, but I don't know.

83 REPLIES 83
Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, I technically preordered before ANY of the people who went through Sprint, because Wirefly had their preorder up a little early.  My official order time was 8:52am Eastern on 5/7... 8 minutes before Sprint's even went live.  Not that it matter much, heh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

haha I like where your head is at tho, you should get your damn phone first haha!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got this from HTC Evo 4G LTE on Facebook:

"For those who pre-ordered from a third party retailer like Best Buy, there should be information by tomorrow afternoon on when to expect your phone. It doesn't look like any info on that subject will be coming out before then. It'll be Friday or sooner though of course."

Was so hoping to hear something today, oh well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

And here we are again, with 47 different variations of every story, and a new theory or guess every 30 minutes.

Hmmm...if only some organization that controlled the situation could release a statement about it all to clear up some confusion! Or at least an official launch date. Anything, at this point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why shouldn’t we get the phone at the same time or sooner because we ordered from a third party?

Does it mean were not a loyal customer and want the phone just as much as anyone that used sprint to order their phone?

I prefer to order my electronics from Best Buy for the rewards program and in my opinion a better warranty plan than the sprint stores in my area.

I would venture to say that third party sales of the phone will be stronger than the actual Sprint store sales so in some way we, the ones that will purchase more that their so called loyal customers should receive our phones first. 

I’m just saying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just talked to my BB rep who had just called corporate and was told yes, they are coming in by UPS so they are coming. He can only say that if they don't come in on the pm UPS delivery tonight then he expected them tomorrow and ready for pickup on Friday. That part is only his opinion and until he corporate gives official notice he can't say for sure what day they will be available.

BB has their own delivery process, meaning that on a regular schedule shipment their phones aren't delivered by UPS. But I am thinking because of this being a totally different circumstance they are having them shipped by UPS.  What ticks me off is that the UPS hub is right here where I live and the preorders from Sprint are coming right from this warehouse and this is the first time I have ever ordered from BB and I don't think I will do it again. If I had stayed with Sprint I would be getting mine tomorrow for sure!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apologies if anything I say is redundant. My order status remains stagnant. I called Sam's Club Mobile and was told that they don't have the phones yet, and yes, they physically must receive them first, then turn around and ship them to us. When asked, she verified I was talking to Simplexity and the phones must first go to their distribution center in Maryland.  She assured me that my phone is reserved and I will receive it in order. This means I'm in the Simplexity pool, not just the Sam's Club pool. We, the 3rd Party 2nd class citizens, are pretty much lumped together.  Simplexity includes Target, Sears, RadioShack, Sam's Club, their own brand Wirefly, and many more.  Since I'm not yet a Sprint customer, I'm actually starting to consider laying out $399 for a no-contract Galaxy Nexus and just use ATT until I can figure out if the Sprint/EVOLTE is still my best choice. Sprint isn't an option with the no-contract Nexus. I'm starting to wonder if the Samsung Galaxy S III might be worth waiting for.  I'm really not that versed in smartphones/carriers. Since I'm not locked into anything yet, this delay has given me time to reconsider. Any guidance from you all would be appreciated!  The one thing I have learned throughout all this is: I'll never go with Apple!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm just kind of ... upset that I pre-ordered my phone from Best Buy store and only the people who pre-ordered from Sprint.com are getting the phone...What about the other people?

Highlighted
Master

Everyone else gets them when the phone is officially launched. Seeing as how the Sprint Pre-Orders are being delivered on or around the 24th, it's possible the launch could be the 25th. Again, this is just a guess.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just talked to target Mobile...my phone will be here Friday, or Saturday at the latest...my long national nightmare is over. 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no news from Amazon Wireless.  Seems some 3rd party carriers are more on the ball or are put before Amazon.  I have no idea and have heard nothing about my phone whatsoever.  They're still showing estimated arrival date as July 5th, ugh!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nah, I don't think you would want that gig.  You would have to give up a couple million of your annual salary in order to kiss some Assle...  Then what would you live on?

haylai23 wrote:

#makemetheceofsprint and I bet I could have ran this smoother.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat