ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third-Party Orders

Journeyman

Re: Third-Party Orders

Unfortunately, you are correct.  Too bad we were misled.    

Journeyman

i visited my local best buy yesterday to get a status update, and spoke to a customer who was playing with her new EVO 4G LTE, who by the way had just "pre-ordered" it that very same morning!   so obviously they had enough "pre-order" stock on hand to fulfill her "pre-order."  it's loopholes in the systems like this that have many loyal sprint customers outraged.

Journeyman

But what about online "pre-orders" with all the 3rd parties handled by Simplexity?

Journeyman

Out of curiosity and the need to procrastinate from real work, I just just made several calls to different corporate stores, third party Spint locations, and Best Buy stores -- all in different markets.

No Sprint store has even a guess as to when they will be available."Probably next week," they say.  The third party, non-corp Sprint stores that I called did not have any but two of them suggested "about the 28th" (but I dunno if they were just guessing).  The locations for Best Buy, on the other hand, said that in some markets, they had an excess of phones which had not been pre-ordered which allowed them to do immediate pre-ordering (i.e., pre-order and pick it up at the same moment).  I don't know how many markets are like that, but one of the Best Buy guys said he had heard numerous Best Buys had over-ordered.  In my city, I was told that we're kinda a gadget geek town and that there's even a pre-order waiting list.  They were unable to fulfill all of their pre-orders based on the current shipment.  He had no idea when they could complete.    

Journeyman

I'm extremely frustrated and I've complained with HTC, Sprint and Amazon Wireless about the entire situation.  The latest response I got was today from Amazon Wireless and it said:

"My name is Heather and I would just like to thank you for choosing AmazonWireless and for taking the time to email into us today.

I'm sorry for the delay in your shipment. I checked the status and the current estimated delivery time frame is July 5th. While we receive new inventory often, it's difficult to predict when a specific product will be available. We won't have any more information until we receive more inventory."

From another Amazon Wireless CS:

"I have reviewed your order, as well as the notes regarding your e-mails to our Customer Service department.

I know this may be frustrating; however, please understand that we have provided you as much information as we have available regarding your order.

I understand you're upset, and I regret that we haven't been able to address your concerns to your satisfaction. We can't offer any additional insight or action.

We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future."

It's obvious to me that Amazon Wireless is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to receiving and shipping out our pre orders of the Evo TLE.  Frankly, had I known this I would have gone with Best Buy and I'm certain I won't be purchasing anything from AW ever again.  They seem to be dead set on July 5th as the soonest I'll get my phone, unless a shipment comes in.  Shouldn't shipments from HTC or Sprint have already come in once these phones were released from US Customs?  I don't understand the hold up and why several other 3rd party carriers already have the phones available.  How does May 18th turn into July 5th?  No one else seems to have any other information.

Journeyman

NewfPyr wrote:

"I checked the status and the current estimated delivery time frame is July 5th....."

July???

Journeyman

Yes, July. 😞  I can't figure out how Sprint online pre orders have theirs now and some this coming week and Best Buy have theirs now, as well as some I've heard of walking in to the store and getting one on the spot (that is not a pre order), but Amazon Wireless has 0 phones in their posession to even send to us PRE ORDER people!  THIS SUCKS!!!!  I've heard from some that HTC sends them the phones and have heard from others that Sprint sends them the phones so who knows what is really going on and why the crap they don't have any shipments for their pre ordering customers. 

This tells me that if the launch date is next week or any time at all in June that my PRE ORDER will fall behind the launch...meaning pre ordering through AW means nothing.  All AW keeps saying is that shipments come in at random times and they know nothing else....then I wonder how they can give me a July date?  Hmmmmm.

Journeyman

Just remember who the true evil is in this story........Apple.

While Sprint could've handled all this considerably better, it would not have been necessary had Apple not been throwing frivolous patent lawsuits.  Apple has had my last dollar.    

Journeyman

This just in:

5/30/2012

SEE THIS LINK: http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-evo-4g-lte-htc-one-x-import-ban-lifted-shipments-resume-90902/

After some of its smartphones have been slapped with an import ban, which effectively quashed the dreams of many Sprint customers to have their HTC EVO 4G LTE on the original May 18 launch date, HTC announced today that the two held up devices, HTC EVO 4G LTE and HTC One X,  have received clearance to enter US soil. Normal shipments for the two models can finally resume.

According to the company’s official statement, they have “completed the review process with US Customs and HTC devices have been released, as they are in compliance with the ITC’s ruling. Future shipments should continue to enter the US and we are confident that we will soon be able to meet the demand for our products.”

It seems HTC was forced to remove the feature on the two phones that were deemed to violate Apple’s patents on data detection, a feature that automatically recognizes data like phone numbers, address and email address, and prompts users to move them to other applications, such as a dialer or calendar. However, it’s still not clear when this removal happened, because we learned a while ago that the banned units didn’t have the offending features, which didn’t stop the US Customs from holding them for review.

Now that the full review process is completed, it’s  good news for Sprint and retailers like Best Buy who don’t seem to carry enough stock of the HTC EVO 4G LTE to deliver to all pre-order customers. We can probably expect the supply problems to be solved in a day or two. With the legal troubles behind HTC, at least for the time being, we should be hearing from Sprint this week on when it’s planning to release the HTC EVO 4G LTE nationally.

We’ll keep you posted.

SOURCES Cnet

HOPEFULLY THIS MEANS THAT THIRD PARTY ORDERS WILL BE RECEIVED THIS FRIDAY!!! I WON'T HOLD MY BREATH BUT AT LEAST THIS IS SOME MORE NEWS (FINALLY).

Master

The following thread has the Sprint Announcment,

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2012/05/16/htc-evo-4g-lte-u...

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Received the following this morning from Sam's Club:

Good news!

Late last night we spoke with Sprint management and the stories are true ... the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been released.

Our first shipment is being shipped to our distribution center today. We requested overnight delivery which means we should get them Saturday. Rest assured, we’ll unpack and ship them out the same day. The other good news is we've been told we will receive a second shipment of HTC EVO 4G LTE phones by the end of next week. Trust me when I say we are doing everything we can to get these shipped to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Sam's Club Mobile

Highlighted
Master

Definitely good news from the Sams Club folks.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat