ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone issue back...and now constant restarts

Journeyman

Time zone issue back...and now constant restarts

Hmmm, after a long time with essentially no issues (after the update) my LTE is complaining about the time zone being wrong again.  And now, for whatever reason, EVERY TIME I close the camera or Chrome or a few other apps, HTC Sense restarts.  What the heck?  Nothing (that I know of) on my phone has changed since the last update.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Time zone issue back...and now constant restarts

Just Sense restarting or the whole phone restarting? If it's just Sense, your not alone. Both Sprint and HTC are aware of it if you recall from other posts. Were still waiting to see if the next update will correct this finally.

As for the TimeZone, PM one of the admins, there haven't been any issues that I recall since the update other then network related. So if your getting the TimeZone issue again, I would check there first, see if there is an issue in your area.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Just Sense.  What weird is that I never had that problem.  It just started the last couple days.

So, the timezone issue can be tower related?

Master

Yeah, it gets the timezone information from the local towers, if the one your connecting to is having an issue, your phone can get an incorrect timezone. You can overirde this with th efollowing,

Settings > Date & Time

Uncheck Automatic Time Zone

You can also Uncheck Automatic Date & Time and it will use the current time or you can adjust it.

It's still completely possible that the TimeZone bug is still affecting you, but as I mentioned before, I haven't heard anythign since the last update which contained a fix. So I'm thinking tower. I would still get in touch with Sprint to see if there is an issue.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

As for the Sense issue. Do you typically have allot of apps running when this happens? Or have you been using an app for a while, exited and then it happened? If the app is pretty resource intensive, it can cause Sense to restart. It is a bug which has been present since the phone was released. I've heard they are looking at it and releasing changes within the updates. Hopefully the next one addresses it more so then the last one.

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat