cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too bad that the new EVO wouldn't have the Nvidia Tegra 3 quad core processor

Highlighted
Patron

Too bad that the new EVO wouldn't have the Nvidia Tegra 3 quad core processor

Is too bad to hear that while the newest HTC phones in Europe and the rest of the world already have quad core processors they won't be available in the U.S. for quite a while due to manufacturers like Qualcom and Texas Instruments that don't make modems compatible with Nvidia chipsets yet....It seems that we'll have to settle for the Dual core!!!...Oh well...not to mention that they will not be able to support the newest feature called HTC Media Link HD....I think I'll wait a little longer before I switch phones...I still own the first generation Evo 4g and I've been tempted to change it, but I think I'll do it when something that really really impress me comes out.

Here's a link for you to see what HTC media link HD is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zcyCIwM_Oc

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Too bad that the new EVO wouldn't have the Nvidia Tegra 3 quad core processor

The information about the chipset has been known for months for the One X, and you are wrong about the media link.  There is no Evo sold except by Sprint, so there is only one version.  It isn't that the modems don't wok with the NVIDIA quad core.  LTE modems simply don't work with quad core architechture from any manufacturer at this point.  Note that it is all but guaranteed that the US version of the Samsung GS3 will be dual vs. quad core.  In fact, most experts agree that Samsung will use the same S4 Krait processor used in the OneX / LTEvo.  There are plenty of LTEvo reviews and vidoes that show the Media link function working.

Wizard

Re: Too bad that the new EVO wouldn't have the Nvidia Tegra 3 quad core processor

Just because it has two more cores does not mean it's better, the dual core processor in the new EVO offers the same or better performance than the Tegra with far lower power consumption and longer battery life. Check out this article that one of our Admins put together, it has some good information.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat