cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring application data to new phone

Journeyman

Transferring application data to new phone

Anyone know how to tranfer application data from one Android phone(OG EVO) to this one.  I looking forward to this phone but not starting over in some of the apps that I currently have.

13 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Transferring application data to new phone

if im thinking right you will need to transfer all your apps to your sd card...then you can use that exact same sd card and put it into the new phone..once that is done you'll need to download those same apps again..but the app info itself SHOULD be saved and transfered to the new phone through the sd card itself.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

woodiemarv1,

Thank you for your post. fireguy_6364 is correct about transferring your application data over via sd card. I would also like to add that if the application you have downloaded is not available to move to your sd card, you can always login to your play account (formally known as Android Market) and you will be able to see a list of all the applications you have ever downloaded and send them back to your device. You will just need to make sure which email address you used when downloading them. If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Markie_B

GrandMaster

the only thing im NOT sure of is if all saved information with each app is able to be transfered on the sd card or not. im actually hoping this is able to be done..if not all that saved info will be lost and they will have to start over...myself included... my poor smurfs will have to suffer...not to mention my island is starting to look pretty freakin sweet lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Don't you just use your Google account to transfer programs? Saved info I'm not sure.

Journeyman

As for apps that are server based like online poker games, etc. they are backed up on the developers server and there is no need to back up apps to sd card. Other apps that save data to sd card i.e angry birds, etc. will need to be backed up on sd card and transferred. Otherwise I believe you will lose data.

Wizard

fireguy_6364 and woodiemarv_1,

I did some additional research and found that your information/data will NOt be moved over with your application. In fact, depending on the size of your SD card, not all of the application may be moved over as there are partitions on the SD card that are reserved for music, pictures etc... sorry guys.

Markie_B

GrandMaster

Timbx wrote:

Don't you just use your Google account to transfer programs? Saved info I'm not sure.

google only save what all apps you have downloaded so you can readd them easily..but doesnt save the information on the app itself. back before they started giving people the option to move apps to the sd card a FR (factory reset) was BEYOND a nightmare to deal with...apps you could recover...but all your information was then lost...starting from scratch every time with a game was a pain for sure.

GrandMaster

yah i havent heard of any apps that fully went over to your sd card before....THIS isnt a good thing to hear though lol..

technology needs to get with the program lol

GrandMaster

tre9614 wrote:

As for apps that are server based like online poker games, etc. they are backed up on the developers server and there is no need to back up apps to sd card. Other apps that save data to sd card i.e angry birds, etc. will need to be backed up on sd card and transferred. Otherwise I believe you will lose data.

recently i moved all my info to a larger sd card..which was more of a pain than it should have been..but this was done with the same phone and not to a new phone all together..

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.