cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to determine current Time Zone??

Journeyman

Re: Unable to determine current Time Zone??

I've had this same issue, too, while walking to my sisters house.  But that was the only time it has happened.

Journeyman

Need more people to try this to see if it is a fix... I am on day 6 and still going good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What does it take to get this thread marked "answered" and I should probably get a medal or something???

Wizard

Sorry no medal, just showered with praise and adulation for your memory lapse solution.

Cheers,

Journeyman

Lol, thx...

Journeyman

IT WORKS !!!!! I let my battery completely die and left it for about 2 hours before charging it. I did not turn my phone back on until it was fully charged. Not only have I not gotten a "Unable to determine current Time Zone" message (which I was getting several times a day) my "current area" message on the weather has been replaced with the correct location I am in!

Wizard

Don't forget to shower madbaddog with praise and adulation.

Cheers,

GrandMaster

i "lol'd" at this lol

also im wondering if by letting the battery fully croak off its the same as pulling your battery for a few minutes and draining all the juice out of the phone itself before putting it back in and powering it back up. the power cycle option they have wouldnt do this. it would basically be like pulling your battery quickly and throwing it right back in.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Yeah, could be acting like a capacitor and holding the charge for just long enough.

Whatever works I say. If this turns out ot be a fix, then HTC will need to probably tweak the SimPull to correct issues like this.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Houston, TX 77060 I have had this phone for a week, but today I got this message: Unable to determine current Time Zone

Master

Keep playing with the phone, see if it continues to pop up over the next couple days. If it does, see if Sprint is working on towes in your area or if something is wrong on the network. If that checks out, try the suggestion above and see if it cures it. The fact that you haven't had it before makes me think they could be doing work on the towers in your area or something else is going on with the network in your area. Otherwise, you would have probably had it from day one as others have been mentioning. But not impossible.

If they are doing work in your area, then the above mentioned battery deplete probably won't make a difference.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I've been having this problem pop up occasionally too, though today it keeps happening after I clear out the notification. I also noticed my time/weather widget listed my location as just "current location" lile one of the previous posters said. Instead of draining my battery, I just tried the simulated battery pull by holding the power button for 10 seconds. It's too soon to say whether the "set current time" bug is fixed, but I now have my actual current location listed by name in the weather widget, so I take that as a good sign.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat