cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Jellybean update on EVO 4G LTE?

Journeyman

Uninstall Jellybean update on EVO 4G LTE?

Is it possible to uninstall the JB update?  I just can't live with this crap that Sprint/HTC have created anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So frustrating!!!!!! 

47 REPLIES 47

Re: Uninstall Jellybean update on EVO 4G LTE?

EVOhasISSUES,

Thanks for your post. When the update is installed, it is not possible to revert back. What issues have you been having with JellyBean? Let me know, thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Black screen on phone calls, Black screen when I select voice mails, general bugginess.  Also noticed now that sound files and music are not playing correctly either.  Wife's is having the same issues plus she cannot connect to the Google Play store anymore. 

My phone is 6 months old, never been dropped or abused and I have been dealing with this since December.  All Sprint tells me is to replace the phone for $35.  That's crap!  I didn't ruin my phone, Sprint did.

I've done a hard reset and still have same problems.  Have reported to Sprint more than 5 times, was told a "Customer Care Manager" would be contacting me back in December and nothing.  I don't have time to run to the closest Sprint owned store where I live.

Sick of the crap, lies and poor customer service on a device that was a 10/10 and is now a 1/10.

Master

Have either of you performed a Hard Reset to verify no 3rd party conflicts are going on? It won't resolve the black screen issue but the others will likely be fixed or usually are fixed with a Hard Reset.

If your hesitant to perfor mthe Hard Reset, you cna perform a Safe Mode boot to see if it has any affect. Safe Mode basically disables all 3rd party apps from launching at boot. But if the conflict is depper the problems wil lstil lexist. It's at least a quick check that can be performed.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Like others, Dan, I have been extremely upset about this. I spoke with a representative at a Sprint Store in Des Moines before Christmas who promised to get back to me on this. One month later, I'm still waiting. I'll be happy to give you his name upon request.

I spoke with one of your tech services people yesterday who said she was shipping me out a refurbished phone to try. After reading the comments here -- people on their 6th refurb phone, with the same problems! -- I will tell her when she and I next speak to forget it; it's obvious that the phones don't solve the problem.

My phone's screen goes blank when I make a call, so I can't use the touch panel to activate my office or Sprint voicemail functions or to connect with extensions. To restore the screen, I have to hit the power button. More than half the time, that terminates the call! If I can't use my phone to make calls, what good is your service?

I am not pleased that Sprint has apparently decided that Des Moines is not worthy of being upgraded to LTE. That I can live with because the value my family is getting surpasses other carriers available to me. But I am beginning to think that "You get what you pay for." With all the money that we pay Sprint each year, is it too much to ask that I get a phone I can use to make phone calls with!!!!

Journeyman

Yes, as written above I have performed the hard reset and the safe mode boot.  Neither has fixed the issues.  I've spent many hours dealing with this via chat, phone conversations, going to a sprint store, etc.  Sprint told me on a Friday in December that a Customer Care Manager would be calling me on the following Monday to solve the problem.  That did not happen.

So for now, since Sprint won't stand behind their product, many of us are stuck with defective phones.  Without paying for a refurbished phone or buying out of my contract, I'm stuck.

Master

Sorry, I missed that you did the Hard Reset portion of the message.

I would call back and mention that a Customer Care manager was supposed to call you and hasn't.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I am simply going to go to other carriers in my area and make them an offer they shouldn't be able to refuse: Buy out my contract and I'll switch to you on the spot.

Journeyman

The only problem there is that the HTC EVO is the best phone out there besides the iPhone.  It has the best interface and keyboard (or used to anyway).  I've tried the Samsungs and been very frustrated with their keyboards and interface.

Journeyman

It's sad that Sprint has forced us into this rather than own up to the problem and ship the few folks who are having legitimate problems a new unit.

Master

I would keep pushing for a replacement phone. If you have TEP it should be very easy to do. If not it would cost you $35 for them to look at it and if they can't fix the issues they are supposed to replace it.

--

Journeyman

I am pushing for a NEW replacement not a refurb.  Again, this is not our fault and my phone is 6 months old.  I didn't pay $199 for the phone + accessories + monthly service only to get what we are getting now. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat