cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Jellybean update on EVO 4G LTE?

Re: Uninstall Jellybean update on EVO 4G LTE?

EVOhasISSUES,

Thanks for your posts. I know how frustrating it can be, but for us to get a gauge on what's going on with the device and get it fixed or replaced, it needs to go to s ervice and repair center. Agents will be able to take a look at the device and determine if this is a result of the update or it is something with the phone itself, outside of the operating system. You can find your closest store here > http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/locator/?INTNAV=ATG:HESmiley Frustratedtore Thank you.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Dan, I know where my closest store is.  Sadly it is on the other side of town from where I live and they are constantly busy.  I cannot take the time to go there as it is an hour round trip plus what ever time it takes to "fix" the phone.  That's 3 hours out of my day for just my phone let alone my wife's which is having the same problems and then some.  I've already been to a Sprint retailer who did a hard reset, and safe boot.  I'm not doing that again when I know it is not going to fix the problem.

I spent 45 minutes on chat support today and the only fix they had was to remove my phone case to "decrease" the proximity sensor sensitivity.  So now my phone is vulnerable to bangs and scrapes.  The first five months I had the phone there were no problems.  Install JB and bam there's a laundry list of issues. Sprints fix, make the phone even more susceptible to problems by removing the case. 

Dan, had a "Customer Care Manager" called me a month ago as promised, this problem would have been solved by now. 

EVOhasISSUES,

I understand your frustration in regards to this. I know having to have a store take a look isn't the best route for you. By any chance, have you contacted HTC regarding this?

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I can't vouch for the OP. But I took my phone, with the same problem, to ny local Sprint store a month ago, before Christmas. The tech manager there said they were aware of the problem and it wouldn't be long before HTC and/or Sprint came up with a fix since it was so widespread. He gave me his card and told me to get in touch with him to keep up with what was going on about this problem.

I hadn't heard from him in a month, so I emailed him late last week. I still haven't gotten a reply.

So Monday of this week I called Sprint to ask what was going on. I had a delightful conversation with a woman named Brenda, who said that yes, they were aware of the problem but the only thing they could do was swap out my (new) phone with another, refurbished one. Which would probably have the same issue, if it was JB related. (The last time I had a problem with this, even before the JB update, Sprint sent me a refurb that wouldn't even boot up! I sent it back, Sprint sent me out a replacement for the replacement, but before I tried activating that phone, a software update corrected the problem.

I have been leery of refurbished replacements ever since, but reluctantly agreed to do the phone swap. She said she would send the phone out and that it would arrive Tuesday. (It arrived yesterday, just as she said.) She also said she would call me Tuesday night to go over how to activate the phone. I thanked her and hung up.

But afterward, I looked over forums such as this one, and concluded that swapping out the phone wouldn't make a difference -- the problem either was existing from the get-go or would return eventually. So I planned to tell Brenda that I wasn't going to go ahead with the phone exchange -- there would be no point to it and I would simply return it, unopened. At least that is what I would have told her had she called me last night, as she said she would. I hope she is OK and that was the reason she didn't call me, as she said she would.

We both have the same goals: keeping me as a customer. A valid question would be: How can I remain your customer if I can't use my phone because the screen keeps disappearing and bringing it back ends the phone call?

I really would like this matter resolved. Thank you.

Ira Lacher

Des Moines, Iowa

Journeyman

Dan, I don't contract with HTC, I contract with Sprint.  So as far as I am concerned this is Sprint's issue to resolve.  Sprint should be working dilligently to fix the issues and reporting them to HTC as they come in from customers. 

Journeyman

Ira,  do you have a "3rd party" screen protector?  Sprint sold me my screen protector and installed it, but apparently the screen protector, WHICH BY THE WAY DID NOT IMPEDE THE PHONES PERFOMANCE BEFORE THE UPDATE, is 90% of the cause for the screen black outs.  So my phone is now naked and working about 80% of the time.  So my phone works better but will be damaged soon.  Solved one problem, created another.

EVOhasISSUES,

Unfortunately, Sprint does not manufacture the hardware or operating system and any updates that may come to the phone. While we're in constant contact with HTC with regards to any issues that might arise, we disseminate the updates they provide. Outside of having one of our service and repair centers run a diagnostic on the phone and work towards a resolution, the only at-home remedy may be to back up all the data on the phone, run a master reset, which would clear the phone and the download of the operating system update would run fresh and possibly apply without any errors. Contacting HTC directly is another option that I was providing as their tech support team may have additional options they could work with. Thank you.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Dan, I will work with HTC from now on. Thank you.

IraL,

Thank  you for your post and I can understand your frustration with this. Can you please private message me the details of the store so that I may contact them? I want to make sure this issue is resolved for everyone involved, so please let me know. Also, please remove your phone number from your post as this is a public forum and I don't want your information out there for everyone to see. Thanks.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

A new update was just released this morning, please see if it addresses some of the concerns.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

All,

The update that came out this morning may help assist with the issues you have been having. Please go to Settings -> System Updates -> HTC Software Update and let me know if the issues you're having persist. Thank you!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I would love to, but I'm currently on hold and have been for an hour with Sprint, because I cannot even download the update.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat