cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Jellybean update on EVO 4G LTE?

Journeyman

Re: Uninstall Jellybean update on EVO 4G LTE?

Applied the update. Screen problem seems to have been addressed. Now I'm losing data connection constantly and have had to restart 3 times today.

EVOhasISSUES,

What happens when you try to download the update? Is there an error code associated with it?

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

IraL,

Can you please run a PRL and profile update on the phone and let me know if the issue persists? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

It says there is an update, I click update and it begins to update, but then quits.  No error code.

EVOhasISSUES,

Does it powercycle or does it just return to the main screen? Have you powered the phone down, left it off for a bit, then powered on and tried again?

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

By your description, it sounds like the update starts to download then quits or is it actually installing then quits?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

EVOhasISSUES,

I wanted to follow up on this and make sure the update was properly applied. Was everything able to get settled? Please let me know, thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

IraL,

Were you able to run the profile and PRL updates suggested? If so, has it cleared up the issue? Please let me know, thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Dan,

My phone is fine.  I spent almost 1 1/2 hours on with tech support the other night with my wife's phone and there is nothing they can do.  They have referred me to the closest Sprint store, which for me might as well be in the next state.  I never go to that part of town and neither does my wife.  So she cannot update her phone because she cannot access the update. 

It says there is an update available, but when you click update nothing happens.  She also cannot access the google play store. 

So we are 50% at best and no sign of it getting better until we can set aside the 3 hours necessary to get to the store and have the problem taken care of. 

Master

While you were on the phone, did they have you do a Hard Reset? You may need to perform a HR then see if it will download/instlal the update. If you goto the Sprint store, they will Hard Reset it for you so, might as well try it.

Just make sure you have everything backed up, images and videos on a cloud service or SD Card, contacts synced with Google, etc..

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

EVOhasISSUES,

I'm sorry to see that it's ongoing with that device. Is it possible to try the steps smotrs suggested before taking the time to get to the store?

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

While I was on the phone they were trying to see if there was a remedy besides a hard reset.  I spent an hour with the first tech who was moving so slow, that I asked for his supervisor, who also was moving slow.  I finally ran out of time and had to go.  I am in the same boat now.  I can't carve out 2-3 hours to deal with this issue.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat