cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Jellybean update on EVO 4G LTE?

Master

Re: Uninstall Jellybean update on EVO 4G LTE?

Were you talking to initial tech support that first picks up the phone or did you get transferred to Advanced Tech Support? The first group reads from a script in most cases, the second is more technical.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

It's very irritating...makes me want to get a new phone or possibly a new carrier.

EVOhasISSUES,

Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry to see that's the experience you had. If you'd like, please PM me your account information and security information and the best time to contact you and I will follow up to assist. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

All of my issues have been addressed and fixed.

EVOhasISSUES,

That's good to hear. Thank you for your patience and should you need any assistance, feel free to reach out here or via PM. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

GrandMaster

mind posting what steps they had you do to resolve it in case someone else is in that same scenario?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

What was the final outcome? How were your problems resolved?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

This might be a little tongue in cheek, but in reality these are the steps I followed:

1.  Call Sprint and tell them you have a problem.  After 2-3 hours of communication they will actually acknowledge the problem exists and "try" to be helpful

2.  Repeat step 1 as often as needed.  Took me almost 2 months.

3,  When you get a resolution, be sure to call Sprint back and demand a credit on your bill.  I did and got 50% of my bill cut.

To be serious, I took it to a Sprint Owned store, waited in line for 30 minutes and then was told I had to go to another store not owned by Sprint so they could fix it.

Got a great tech who did a hard reset on my wifes phone and after that it was smooth sailing.  Expect to lose everything on your phone.  My wife didn't and got lucky.  I did.

Good luck.

Journeyman

The newest software update, 3.16.651.3.710RD  fixed almost all of the glitches except for Navigation which is still unusuable.  I was told that patch was coming soon.

GrandMaster

i had a feeling the reset was going to be the answer..hate to do them but more often than not it DOES resolve alot of the issues..except for having to add all your stuff back onto the phone lol..which is a nightmare on itself as is

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Frustrated with the amount of time it took to resolve the issue.  Next Sprint and HTC release an update they need to at least acknowledge any issues that might arise rather than deny their existence.  I think this is going to be my last android. I know Apple is far from perfect, but this seems to happen less often.

Master

Yeah, you'd be amazed how much grief can be saved by doing a Hard Reset after the updates. Key is to make sure all your data, contacts, calendar, pictures, etc.. are all backed up or syncing on the cloud.

Glad it all worked out in the end. Hopefully we see a fix for some of the other issues in the coming weeks. I'm still surprised Google didn't figure out the problem and address in in one of the updates.

--

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat