cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Chat feature disappeared with in Qik Video app

Journeyman

Video Chat feature disappeared with in Qik Video app

I made an attempt to contact my wife using the Qik Video app which she also has a HTC EVO 4G LTE and the Video Chat feature is gone! I checked the wifes EVO when she got home and it was the same story. no video chat option. I then went to the qik.com website to see if there was any mention about this and nothing came up. I logged into my account on the qik.com webite and everything looked the same as the last time I visited that site. So I'm now posting this info here only to see if others have noticed the same problem, and is this a EVO thing or is other phone has issues also? Btw, the shocker was when I went to the Google Play Store and I was NOT able to even locate the app.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: Video Chat feature disappeared with in Qik Video app

While it doesn't show up on the Play Store app on phone, it does show up on a PC browser. Current version is 17.63, released August 2012.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qikffc.android&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMS...

As for whether the video option is there or not, have you also contacted Qik (Skype) to see what they have to say about it?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much for responding. However that download wont work for either of my HTC 4g LTE's. It gives a error message that says "This App is incompatible with all of my devices".

Highlighted
Master

Ok, then you will definitely need to get in touch with Qik (Skype) about it.

In the meantime, have you tried Talk? It's the Google version of Video Chat already on the phone as part of Android.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

No I had not yet experimented with the Google Talk app until just a little bit ago after reading where you mentioned it. And after messing around with it on both of our phones I don't see any reason to concern myself with the Qik app anymore. The Google Talk app is similar to the Qik app but it appears to be a lot more reliable. Thank you smotrs for the heads up!

Highlighted
Master

Glad to help. I stopped using Qik myself when Talk was released. Felt and ran smoother in my opinion. 

--

Highlighted
GrandMaster

they didnt just change the name up to skype instead of using the old Qik? worst case scenario download skype lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

That's completely possible, but I never went that far to check. Talk worked fine for me. 

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat