Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice and Text Failures

Highlighted
Patron

Voice and Text Failures

Hello,

I have been having considerable problem with my HTC Evo 4G LTE since the evening of Dec 21, 2012.  There was one period of time a few months back where I had the same problem (data OK, but zero voice and text) for approximately 2 weeks around the time that they were turning the 4G LTE network on here in Baltimore.  However, after that corrected itself, I have not had a problem until it re-emerged recently.

History of the problem:

- Evening of Dec 21, I was on a phone call as leaving Baltimore city.  Call dropped and voice text service was lost.

- I was driving to Chicago that night, and never regained voice/text service ... not until, IIRC, Dec 26th in the late morning (I was about 50 mi SW of Chicago at that point).

- During the outage just described, I called into Sprint tech support 3 times and visited a Sprint store in Illinois.  In all cases, the absolute best that any of the Sprint employees could do to help me was to do a handset reactivation (punch in reactivation code, my personal password for my phone, go through reactivation, PRL update, look for firmware update ... and a few times, also did a default profile update).

- In the early morning hours of the 22nd, I upgraded the phone to Jellybean.

- Anyway, as I said, I regained voice and text on the 26th and thought all was right with the world.

- Then on the 30th, driving back to Baltimore from Chicago, I again lost voice/text while still maintaining data connections at either/both 3G and 4G.

- This time, the problem corrected approximately 15 hours later once in Baltimore.

- Since then, my phone has spent more time without a voice/text connection than with.

- I have noticed, though it might be coincidental, that if I happen to get a voice connection and then I place a call, I lose my voice connection immediately as I hang up the call.

This is incredibly frustrating.  My handset is useless.  The only two things I have yet to try are (a) a hard/factory reset of the device and (b) changing firmware to something like CM10.

I do not want to do anything drastic (like the last two steps) until I know that I have no other choice.

I have noted other 4G LTE users with similar, though not the same complaints.

Any guidance?

-Jason

current phone info: HW version: 0003; SW version: 3.15.651.16 71ORD

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat