cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, let's have it - Your first impressions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, let's have it - Your first impressions?

Post your personal reviews here...looking forward to hearing what you all think.

163 REPLIES 163
Highlighted
Master

JonAndJessica wrote:

how do you shut this off... I've been downloading apps I had on my original EVO... each time one finishes... it creates a shortcut... I don't want them ALL on my homescreen

Play > Menu > Settings

Uncheck Auto-add shortcuts.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Right when I opened the package I noticed the shiny plastic bit on the back was bulging out. Not a big deal as I noticed a clip under there and managed to push it in with a tiny screwdriver, but seriously not a good first impression. I've had the phone less than 20 minutes and the plastic bit is already a greasy mess too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

hold the shortcut and slide it to the top to remove

BTW screen is wow, had to pull up a manual to see how to get to the micros sd card, so far I love it, Thinner and lighter than the original Evo 4g

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you SHOULD be able to delete them..if its anything like the 3D then you should have the ability...unfortunatly if it allows this then it doesnt completley get rid of it..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

someone should send a complaint to customs advising them that their employees should wash their greesy hands more often lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Master

Good find, not even documented in the manual.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's a much better feel than I expected. Make sure you go to mobile settings and switch off lte for better battery life. Does anyone know how to make chrome the default browser? Everytime I try to reply to a post from email it sends me to stock browser. I'm impressed so far.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to MENU > App associations > We URLs > Chrome Beta. Tell me if this works.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's a nice phone, great feel to it. Actually, much nicer than I even expected.

But, beyond that, I don't have a clue. Apparently, I'm part of a small group of people who's phone won't activate on the network. :-S Now, i get to wait AGAIN for stock to come in so I can get a replacement.

HTC's definitely getting a love note from me this evening.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

If you are having the same issue, have the activation department use the "MEID HEX" instead of the "MEID DEC".

My box had the wrong DEC number on it.

Message was edited by: roastem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, it works. App associations must be the work around to appease Apple.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine's sitting at home right now, just a little while before I can go an start playing with it. I'm looking forward to firing up ICS's enhanced accessibility. It is my goal, by damn, to convince my girlfriend that Android starting with ICS is visually impared compatible and she can finally ditch the iPhone! I would love to bring her over from the Dark Side!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat